• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

booting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dsisson

i have a fic sd-11 mb with a tbird 750(slot a) and 128m ram.
got it used for second comp. but have not been able to get it to boot from ANY hd yet. it will boot and run fine from cd with knoppix. have replaced all ide cables swraped ide channels and still can't get it to boot from hd. took working hd out of my working comp. and still no luck. any ideals will be helpfull.

going nuts!

Welcome to the Forums!

Do the HDDs detect and configure correctly in BIOS? Have you tried master,slave and cable select settings? Does the drive read using a DOS boot disk? Or the drive manufacturer's diagnostic disk?

When you install, does it act like it's installing fine, then stop at a blinking cursor? If so, boot to DOS and use this command: FDISK /MBR This will clear the MBR and allow booting to OS(I'm assuming NT, 2000, XP). Sometimes the MBR data gets corrupted and Windows simply will not load.

was tring to install me would get to 10% and hang.
just got 98se to install after 4hrs.
its up now but running like a p100.
hd and cd are very slow, start and stop alot to do the simple things like installing drivers that 10-15 min. for drivers only.

Xaotic
found the internal cache was off in bios and turn it on and was able to install 98se. everything seams to working now. well try to install ME some other time. i've had better luck with ME than 98se.
but i have heard that the mobo (fic sd-11) is known to have problems with ME.
thank for all your help, and the mem was the next on my list to checkout. i have seen inproperly setted ram do very strange thing!

Back