• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BioStar M7VIZ ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

traed

My Gigabyte 7vaxp KT400 in my old system bit the dust on Friday night - so Saturday I went out to find a compatible motherboard. Because of the size of the town I am stuck in the only thing I could find was a Biostar M7VIZ. My Gigabyte board is under warranty but I could not wait for them to fix and mail it back so I bought the Biostar as a spare Mobo. I am trying to overclock it but I cannot figure out how to up the voltage on the cpu. Any suggestions????

I'm gonna guess and say there is no bios voltage adjustment. That means you will probably have to pencil in your voltage (on the chip). OCinside.de has some good interactive guides.

voltage adjustments

yep - you got it - there is no adjustments in the bios - I thought mayble there was a way to flash a new bios or third party bios with those features in tact. Thanks for the info.

Is there a way to use something like the wire trick to manually adjust the voltage? Something like making the tbred 1700 1.5V show up as the 1.65V one?

Posidon42 said:
Is there a way to use something like the wire trick to manually adjust the voltage? Something like making the tbred 1700 1.5V show up as the 1.65V one?

Yep. Go here. Select what vcore, etc. you want and then you can switch views (socket, cpu, m/b).
Absolutely awesome guides there, BTW... :thup:

Back