• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a problem with this layout?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nah.

you need your compressor on the bottom and the evap on the top. else you might have probs with oil not getting back to the compressor.

in that link i have a shot of my system, a possible layout, and another possible layout. The first is the cr@ppy looking one with the compressor on the top, the second one is a concept of the actual "side unit" that would have the compressor on the bottom, the evaporator on top, and the condensor in the middle - with two 120mm fans blasting it.

it would be ideal to put the condensor on top, then compressor and exporator on the bottom.

You dont want the evap on top because the compressor would have to work extra hard to push the liquid from the condensor against gravity.

yosh! thank ya! finally...i have a design figured out! i dont know why i didnt realize it 5 days ago...i am gonna have the compressor bolted to the top of my case, with the condensor and fan assembly, then the evaporator in the reservoir along the side...that 'should' work...[i'll post some pix soon of what i mean]
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE GREAT HELP! :p :cool: :)

A. what ever you do, make sure you give the evaporator a loop higher than compressor,

ex. compressor top evaporator, below,

promedia does a loop, vapochill just has the evaporator below

This will protect the compressor when you shut down the unit;)

B. Make sure the gas going to the condesor goes in from the top and comes from the bottom

C. Make sure no liquid returns back to the compressor, by having a difference of 20F between evaporator and suction line a few inches from compressor, ex. its ok, to have evaporator of -40f, and return(suction) line at -20F, this is called super heat

If suction(return) is getting too cold you can touch the high line ot it, lower its temp and therefore elimination any liquid from going back to the compressor, and soon killing it;)

D. Always have drier facing down toward cap,

E. It doesn't hurt to put a fan to compressor

F. Alot of insulation is good, when it comes to insulation there is no such thing as too much :D

Back