• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Say A Prayer For Our East Coast Folders

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it shouldnt be that bad, i mean, the worst that can happen is all of our houses flooding which will lead to the comps shorting out, then power going out for a week and not knowing the damage done to our computers

They were talking about power being out for like a month in some areas I was like damn!

O man, I hope nothing bad happens, lol, like power outages. Heh, but flooding won't matter, all my comps are upstairs.
Good luck to everyone!!

Matt

I hope it doesn't hit here (Charlotte, NC) bad. We have pretty good draining systems (when people don't dump grass clippings in them that clogs them up) so I'm not too concerned about that.

the last one that came over to NJ, floyd, ended up stoping for right over my county -_- it sucked, I might hafta pick up an uninteruptible power supply before friday......maybe.....

*knock's on wood*

fold harder for us ^_~

LAME! Well these storms never hit me bad but when they do its not cool. My city is not prepared for any storm EVER regardless of what kind of storm. Snow storm woops we sold all our salt to a neighboring city. Hurricane We have lots of beaches but we didnt bother making sandbags to stop the flooding on all costal houses. Its funny actually

My dad's (where my folding powah is located) is on a back, private road, and the last time a hurricane hit, which was a Cat 1, we had no power for 3 weeks. This thing is gonna be a helluva lot more than that :eek:.

Losing power sucks. Hurricanes never are a problem up here, but we lost power a coupla days ago (only for two hours or so, but enough to drop the work units). Good luck to all you guys in the area.

Yea I'm chilling here at UMBC just outside of Baltimore city. I'm kinda excited about the whole thing. Maybe my UPS will come in handy. I think it can run my computer for about an hour, maybe more without the monitor. I'm not sure but I heard that the dorms are on an UPS too. But I'll probably be worrying about someone I care about back home in St. Mary's county (It's at the bottom of MD).

Axle

axlecrusher said:
Yea I'm chilling here at UMBC just outside of Baltimore city. I'm kinda excited about the whole thing. Maybe my UPS will come in handy. I think it can run my computer for about an hour, maybe more without the monitor. I'm not sure but I heard that the dorms are on an UPS too. But I'll probably be worrying about someone I care about back home in St. Mary's county (It's at the bottom of MD).

Axle
Hey, another Marylander:attn:

i'm up at school. pocono area of central PA (williamsport if anyone cares). i should be safe. on top of that i was told that my school is pretty self sufficient as far as owning al the power and phone utiilities they use. so about 33% of me is safe. my GF is in pitt. so that bumps me up to 40. power outtages are frequent back home though so the rest of my powah could be in trouble.

My computer room was running way too hot so I called in some big time water cooling. did I order too much?

I'm actually kinda excited. I have not jetskiied a storm in about 2 years!!!! There should be killer waves this weekend!!

Back