• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VapoChill XE and P4P800 Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobtod

My new toy turned up this week:) ......but, after reading the Asetek forums it looks like it's gonna be a lottery if it works with my P4P800 Deluxe at all:mad:
It appears only the 'lucky few' managed to get any success with this combo and the rest had to buy a new motherboard for any joy at all.
I guess I should have done more research before buying, but heck, the money was burning a hole in my pocket anyway:p
It appears I will have to do a 'wire mod' on my new Antec TruePower 430w as well:( There I was thinking I had a good mobo/psu, but not according to Asetek!
If anyone has this combination working and has any install advice it would be gratefuly received.
Oh well I'm gonna start building it up tonight/tomorrow anyway, wish me luck!

BT

Last edited:
UPDATE. I am now officially supercooled :cool:
I'm at [email protected] running prime now. I know this chip ain't a great one, I only gained about 50-75mhz going from the standard Intel H/S to water, hopefully it might like being frozen!
After reading the problems on the Asetek forums it I thought I was in for a rough time with this toy but it's gone great.
Time for some more fsb :thup:

EDIT: Typing this at [email protected]:eek: , not prime stable, to much vcore for me though.

Last edited:
hi there, I have the same mobo, but a custom phase change, just wanting to compare to yours,

can you please tell me your highest overclock and idle and load temps, thanx

hi nunez,

Highest stable is 3.7ghz @ 1.75v (only left it priming for 2hours, so not sure yet)
I can run 3dmark up to 3.8ghz but not prime stable

Temps are about -20 idle and -12 load, i have seen it go down to -5 when running at 3.8ghz with 1.85v.

The lowest I have seen my chip idle was -27 at 3.25ghz

All readings taken with Asus Probe although the Vapochill temp reported was always 4-5 degrees lower.

Back