• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blew two caps on the mobo...WHY WHY WHY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timmæy

Registered
turned on the comp after a few hours off to let the h20 cool off ( hot day it was)and NOTHING, after checking everything besides the many capacitors ( the one that sit next to the cpu slot on the ka7) I finally noticed some black resin that had leaked out of two caps, replaced them today with two more new ones, everything fine so far, question is is WHY did it go pop in the first place.
any feedback will help to prevent this from happening again.
got some pics of the blown caps too

Tia
Tim

Hmmm, well it prob got to hot and bang. Or it was storing to much power or whatever. Hehee, I am learning about Capacitors in Applied Electricity in College (don't know much about em yet though).

well whatever the reason was I dont know and maybee you will learn and can tell us all but when i did replace them i upped the voltage in them from 6.3v to 10v so they wont go bang next time and yes they will and are working fine LOL
Tim

lets see the pictures?

Perhaps they were just faulty, but who knows.

Back