• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell U2412M w/ KVM entering energy savings mode, cannot wake up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techiemon

I am using a Dell U2412M monitor with a Display Port to HDMI to one machine and directly DP to another machine using a KVM. The new computer works fine with it. But the old computer keeps telling me entering power savings mode as soon as I click away and try to come back, it immediately does it, and I end up having to reboot each time I want to switch between the two PCs. I am so tired of it. Why is this happening? I have checked the settings on old PC but it seems ok. Everything says do not sleep, do not hibernate, etc. But it still entering the power savings mode, or then cannot detect the monitor after I click back.

How can I prevent this from happening?

I am not sure how to do that, but I think in the settings I have already told the display not to sleep. I have no idea why it does that. It breaks connection with the keyboard and mouse. Normally you would just shake the mouse or press a key on the keyboard, but none of that works...

Edit: I am wondering if it is something with my pc settings and not the monitor, because sometimes it says there is no signal detected from the computer so the monitor shuts off, but I don't know how that could be, because the computer is still running.

Last edited:
Back