• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can this be done

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M00CH

Ok so i just put a window in my case. (Its a tinted window shade from a plane). I want to put a light in my case and i came across this old logitech hand held scanned that diddnt work but the light still did... anywho in my haste i tore into it and kept the light but nothing else... so now i have a light with 3 wires and i dont know if it will still work with out the other components.... anyone know if it still will or how to test it

its 6 dollars for a dual cold cathode from scv.com

im sure those scanners lights produce quite alot of heat.. not worth it in my opinion

yeah, you probably need an inverter or power source for it
also, just from my experience, they do et quite hot if they stay on more than about 5 minutes

i think someone played with a scanner bulb once......you can change the color of it by varying the voltage just a tiny bit, I think.....

anyhow, I don't think they produce enough light for a good case light.

Try searching the alt mod section for scanner light, or other variations on that....that thread is bound to show up somewhere. I know it exists, but the question is can it be found....

no one cares about the heat problem they case eh? i wouldnt want that thing running in my case to bring up the ambiet temps

Back