• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radclocker/Rage3dTweaker and O/C 9600pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pkrew

I'm not sure if anyone has had this experience but I was O/C my 9600pro. First I used Radclocker and disappointly was only able to get 459/341. I was just about to give up but then decided to uninstall the radclocker and use rage3d tweaker. To my supprise I was able to get 524/342. All of this is at 1.65v. I do have a couple of questions.

1. Am I going to need better cooling and what to use?

2. Are there any other tweaking programs that work better?

Thanks
Phil

are you sure you were using radclocker right? You have to fiddle with that advanced button if the slider maxes out.

I think I was using it right. It never maxed out and I couldn't get through 2001 se at anything past 459 core. I tried this both yesterday and today. I'm also sure that 3drage tweaker is giving me better core numbers as my 2001 se score went up by a 1000 points

Ive been using the rage3d tweaker and it is relly gr8. If it works for you too just use the rage tweaker IMO its the best!

You say you have been using 3dmark 2001se have you tryed 2003? I find my card will run at alot higher core clock in 2001 than it will in 2003

In 2001 im having no probs as high as 530mhz but in 2003 i get artifacts at over 490mhz

As far as cooling goes im using a vantec iceburq4 and mesuring from the back of the gpu im getting a load temp of around 40c which is good. I would recormend the iceburq for the gpu. Ofcourse if you wanted to you could go extreme with a cpu sink or simlar but as the 9600pro core is allready a cool running chip it may not be worth the effort and the lost pci slots.

The ram on my card (samsung 2.8ns) gets very hot so i would difinatly recormend some good ramsinks. Possibly get a fan blowing over them too.

Thanks Slater and Billstuck,

I'm definately sticking with rage3d tweaker. I don't have 2003 and its a big download for my whimpy connection. Maybe I can order a cd. I'll look into getting some cooling, the vantec sounds nice. I wish this mb allowed for more of a voltage increase and I need to look at my ram. How do you tell what kind you have.

Phil

I just looked it up on the samsung site. Its 2.86ns, rated at 350mhz. I should be able to get more memory speed than this. I wonder what the problem is. Any suggestions?

Phil

i dunno, maybe you just got a bum card. My 2.8ns memory will run all the way up to 405mhz. I'd consider RMA'ing the card if the memory won't even run to spec.

Back