• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

duron 900 o/c @ 1071mhz i need help"must go faster!"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dozier768

well i've come far since my first post on the oc'ers forum here but now i need more help.
here's the prob. i can get this duron 900 to run at 1.1ghz "105fsb x 10.5@40c"but its not what id call stable tried bumping the voltage to 1.75 but it didnt help any still runs shaky but it runs rock solid at 1071mhz "102fsb 10.5 @ 38c ,thanks to my water cooler,"it wont post at 100fsb x 11 irregardless of the voltage. any help to get this ***** over 1.1 gig would be much apriceated. could it be due to my shitty assed ram? or my shitty assed 16meg s3 savage 4 4x video card?

It may be Savage 4 - it can't run when AGP speed is too high.

Try setting fsb at 133 - I hope you have KT133A - and multiplier at 7.. then 7.5.. then 8.. 8*133 is about 1066. Then try adding some MHz to this.
When fsb is 133 cpu to pci divisor is 4, not 3, so agp and hard disk is not overclocked. With water cooler raise your voltage to 1.85 - you should go higher

Do what pik33 said unless you don't have a KT133a chipset. If you still want more speed try doing the voltage mod to your board. What kind of motherboard and ram do you have? Your Sandra memory scores look quite low. I have a duron 600 that works fine at 1050 1.85v but after the voltage mod I get 1102 2.11v. My next step will be water cooling. You should easily hit 1.1gig or more if you do the voltage mod. You have a water cooling system so temps should be ok. If you have an A7V mobo I can give you a few tips on how to do the voltage mod.

my board is a soyo k7vta-b and my chipset is a kt133
my only concern with the voltage mod is that amd says the v-core max is 1.7 so even when i put it at 1.75v it made me nervious lol but almost everyone i have seen o/c durons are at 1.85 so i guess its safe to assume with my water cooler that it probably wont fry my chip. any one else hav any other thoughts? i would be interested. thx

1.85v is ok even with good air cooled systems. Try 1.85 @1100. With a Kt133 chipset you wont be able to go much over 110 fsb max. I believe there is a voltage mod for your mobo so you may want to conceder doing it or have friend do it for you. For my A7V adding a resistor for the mod was very easy. All I did was heat up the leads of the resistor and stick it in place. That way there was no chance of destroying any small components with the tip of the soldering iron.

well it seems ive hit a wall at 1082 mhx "103x10.5" ru sure it's not my crappy pc100 generico ram or my old videocard? it runs stable now at 1082mhz @1.85v now but no higher. i get the "cannot load boot rom message" if i try to go higher. argh! frustrating, but fun. any body else have any thoughts

well now get this i updated to the latest bios revision and now im able to o/c at 1103mhz isnt that strange?
anyhow -grin- thx 4 the help guys

Back