• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

it shows the RAID bios when starting the PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bkny1055

how can i get the system to just boot to windows with out it showing the RAID bios when starting the PC ?

If you go in to the BIOS settings, you should be able to disable the RAID controller. It is usually under "Integrated Peripherals", and will be described as a Highpoint RAID controller most likely.

Then you won't have to stare at the screen while it looks for drives that aren't there.

i am running Raid 0 on my system this will not disable my Raid correct it would just not show it at startup

Oops, no, don't want to do that!
I was assuming that you weren't using the RAID controller. I don't know of a way to bypass the RAID BIOS screen when you are using it.

But it is a small price to pay for the increased speed of RAID.

On a weird a side, when I set in the bios my usb keyboard option to bios the bios for the SI raid wont show on boot. The intel bios still shows. I'm sure thats not what Abit intended, but that's what I get. I had to use a usb to ps2 adapter to set up the raid configuration for my two 80G HD. I set the keyboard option back to bios after setting it up and the option doesn't show on boot, but it still works fine, lol

Phil

Back