• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would you do with this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd take a screenie and post it on the internet, with LN2 how long would it really capable of those speeds? I really think LN2 isn't a very impressive way to overclock. Find a way to run 5Ghz+ 24/7 "and I will give you a big kiss... a kiss like I give a donkey..."(name the quote)

yea not impressive.. the fastest stable comps that can be runned 24/7 are Prometia Mach 2s.. and even those i wouldnt really consider a real OC since many ppl dont have access to that kinda cash to get such a setup

cherryp00t said:
yea not impressive.. the fastest stable comps that can be runned 24/7 are Prometia Mach 2s.. and even those i wouldnt really consider a real OC since many ppl dont have access to that kinda cash to get such a setup

O/Cing with prometia, not a "real" O/C?? That's a new one...

Since when did someone pass the law "if you spend a lot of cash on your system to make it the best it can be, any O/C that the system produces is not a real O/C"? That's like saying if you put nitrous and other expensive things in your car, the resulting benefits do not constitute a "real" performance increase. I'd say the way to define a real O/C, your basic O/C definition... is that it exists IN reality and therefore is real. Air cooling, Water cooling, VapoChill, Prometia... all are perfectly valid ways of squeezing every last drop of performance out of a system. LN2 is kinda shady I agree, but Prometia Mach II is like, the holy grail of extreme overclocking performance, man. I wouldn't use prometia unless I had an already gifted system though, otherwise prometia would be wasted on it.

edit - I edited.

Last edited:
this came out some time ago but...

by any standards overclocking with a permanent phase change system is still overclocking.

whether that's impressive or not is another matter.

even overclocking with LN2 is still overclocking. It is not useable overclocking, but it is still overclocking.

again, whether something like that is impressive or not, is a matter of your own opinion.

Of course I'd be much more impressed by someone getting 5Ghz using more long term cooling, but I can still appreciate that some skill is involved in getting a real screeny at 5Ghz. (not to mention a fat wallet)

But about what an AMD would need to be equivalent of a 5Ghz P4... probably a 3.1Ghz FX.

Back