• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a lexan case, help needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

touser

Hello everyone, i am building a small lexan case for a computer i am putting in my car. I already cut the pieces out with my table saw and they came out perfect, but i do not know how to join them. Do i just epoxy them together, or some other type of glue that i do not know of? Or do i have to use some type of clear hinges? I would like it to be as strong as possible. Thanks in advance for any help!

I've never done this myself, but to me it seems the best way is to get some polycarbonate rods, and drill holes in the pieces where they join, and then using the rod to "tap" these together.

Of course you would only do this on the corners, so you would still use a glue for the entire side.

well for certain structural parts I would probably use some sort of polycarbonate cement/adhesive, and then for the sides etc probably metal brackets that would so you can pull apart certain parts for access. Maybe you can even find some sort of clear plastic brackets. Another thing I just saw in one of the stickies was to use some cubes of polycarb in the corners and then screw into them.

Back