• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scored White Water, Little River, Radeon blocks Thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

__TRONIK__

Luck me, I found an auction from polarflo on ebay selling off some of the blocks they accumulated from their waterblock trade in program. Included are White water blocks, what they claim is a "little river" block, and a radeon GPU block from danger den. be_1.JPG

I am currently running a lapped danger den maze4. Which of the CPU blocks can I expect to perform the best? How much more o/c from my modded 9500 (340) can I expect form water?

I am running a 200gph pump with 1/2 id tubing inline with a monster radiator out of a caddie and a strong room fan on that. The id of the rad tubes are bigger, so I had to stretch the tubing on. This results in a smaller then 1/2 tube where they are stretched. I am running my CPU on 2.1vcore. Serious voltage. the radeon is @ default volt.

Thanks for you imput guys!

RE

That "Little River" block isn't that atall...it's a "Dtek TC-4" as seen here

Dtek TC-4

And the WhiteWater will perform much better.

HTH

naw man, thats a d-tek WW, same thing as a little river white water. Its cathars design and everything.

Jon

That is a D-Tek WW; it should perform identically to Cathar's original ones. That would by far be the best choice for your CPU. I don't know too much about how 9500's in particular overclock, but watercooling my 9800 reduced core temps from somewhere around 40°-50°C down to ambient and gave me about 30mhz more of a core overclock as well.

JFettig said:
naw man, thats a d-tek WW, same thing as a little river white water. Its cathars design and everything.

Jon
Yes it certainly is. The way to always spot a dtek block is by the barbs and the flat head countersunk allen screws.

I was watching that one too, but my home system is down :cry: and I didn't get a chance to bid (snipper bidder;))..but it is nice to see someone on OCF got that sick deal for the blocks (more than 1/2 off)
PS my cut off for my snipe would have been $9.77 more than the ending price ;)

koontz946 said:
isnt that PM material? :rolleyes:
depends on how you look at it. Thats why I didn't say how much it was in my last post but I also let him know where I stood in that auction as well, I had been watching the auction and new he won because its a "public" auction and he gave everyone enough info to find the auction for themselves, if they really wanted too.

OK I misunderstood the question, but still as long as their not trying to sell them here it would only be a matter of manners ;)

NP for those that asked - I paid 70 inc S+H. The WW indeed performs beatifully - the DD maze4 idle temps could be in the high 50's, and now I idle at 40 and max at 48. This is per socket mbm5 and at the same 2.125 volts. I have so far clocked my 9500 from 340 to 357 with no problems (still pushing) and have boosted mem to 640 from 620, will have to see how far it goes. Now my WC attention turns to the pump - it is only 200gph pond pump from lowes. I modded it to go inline, but like any tweaker I am now concerned that it is the bottleneck. Are my temps within reason? airflow through my (very big) rad is great - it is provided by means of a rather serious wall plug room fan. tubes are 1/2 ID. Thanks for the posts guys, i am a long time lurker and find this to be the greatest knowledge base on the net for overclocking.

Back