• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU hotter than before?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geobronc

I was running AXIA at 1466 for while and was getting about 42C idle and 48 Loaded. We had a few hot days and my CPU was at 56C the other day.
Its cooler now and now my CPU Idle is 47C?

What happened? Did my Artic Silver II ooze out and needs to be re-applied? I have a good cooler. See my signature for more info on my setup.

GEOBRONC

Geo...has anything else changed in your equation..ie..did you make changes during the hot days and then not return to your original settings?

What are you using to determine your temps?

Hi,
I am using Sisoft Sandra 2001 to check CPU temps,

the BIOS reads exactly the same as SiSoft so I figure its accurate.
I have not changed any settins at all. In fact I just got done re-applying Artic Silver 2 and the heat after a game is at 50c. It runs at 45-48c when browsing internet and usual PC stuff. In games I am getting 48-51c. The other day it was about 90f out and hot in the room. My CPU was at 56c then playing a game.

GEOBRONC

let me tell you my experience , it may just be dust ,I cleaned my hs/f and case fans with compressed air just today and it dropped my idle temps 15 F
I had removed my hs a few days ago and thoght I maybe didnt have enough thermal compound in between the hs and processor but it turned out to just be a little dusty which acts like an insulator.
Wildone

still on the dust thing.. my temps rise by a few degrees with the hsf pins (alpha pal6035) get clogged with dust. i live in a hot, dry climate so it's helluva dusty... maybe you had a dusty hot spell... try cleaning out the hsf thoroughly.

Back