• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't change my V-Core. Can someone help please ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ckälvin

Registered
I have a Duron 650 which is currently running at 897 Mhz (6.5 x 138) with MSI K7T Turbo Limited motherboard and Volcano II fan.

The problem is, I want to try to make it go higher than 900 Mhz but everytime I changed the V-core in the BIOS and save it, it doesnt affect anything but still runs at the default 1.65 V when I check it using MBM 5.0 or entering the BIOS to see the status of the Vcore which is running.

Is it something to do with my motherboard (spoiled) or is there a way to do it ?. Someone please help !!!

By the way, whats the limit that I can look forward to ?. Probably 950 Mhz ?

Thanks a lot. What kind of pencil will I have to use ?. Are there any motherboards around here that are capable of adjusting the Duron Vcore without using a pencil to underline it ?. By the way, if I change the Vcore to 1.700, how high can I go ?.

You ought to be able to change the vcore without having to do anything to the chip - I'm fairly sure it's a problem with your mobo, and a bios update could well fix it. Look to see if there's a newer (or older) bios for your mobo with good user reports (the 1004d seems to be the favourite for the A7v, dunno about MSI bioses). If you've got any reasonable cooling you ought to be able to go to 1.85V without any danger, and I'd have thought that'd get you to 900 for sure, probably 950 and maybe higher depending on the chip.

Thanks Rob. I'll try and flash my BIOS again and I hope it'll work. I just got my motherboard and its a new one so I dont understand why the voltage cant change !!.

Back