• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

power cable.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hrm...i guess you could always buy that and cut the ends off. or just buy 3 seperate spools of the same gauge and do it that way.

I was going to make custom length cables. And taking 3 spools of wire would not work as good, sice these wires are glued together. I would have to use numerous cable ties and it would look bad.
So no place to get a spool if it?

Borisw37 said:
I was going to make custom length cables. And taking 3 spools of wire would not work as good, sice these wires are glued together. I would have to use numerous cable ties and it would look bad.
So no place to get a spool if it?

Eventually, I'm going to completely custom wire my rig too, and I've already thought of this point. I'd be using four indiviual wires, doing the entire PC....I came up with two thoughts on it...

1) Heatshrink, or mesh sleeving.

2) Pay my niece a few bucks, and braid the wires. I think this would look neat (definitely different). I'd have her do it because that talent wasn't taught in my local Boyhood 101 class...:p

Mr B said:
2) Pay my niece a few bucks, and braid the wires. I think this would look neat (definitely different).
That is actually a pretty kewl idea there. That could be pretty nice looking if done right.
Mr B said:
I'd have her do it because that talent wasn't taught in my local Boyhood 101 class...:p
And no reason to lie about it... we know how your always braiding your wifeys hair.... comeon now..... :rolleyes:

;) LoL

If you could use some wire like this:
3C-S22.jpg

then go here:
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=825&item=3C/S22&type=store

The wire at my local Lowes and Home Depot is like super heavy duty and does not bend for the crap. I think it is a little high guage for computer wiring IMHO...althoughI guess it would work. It's just not flexiable...my 2cents :D

Mr B said:

Eventually, I'm going to completely custom wire my rig too, and I've already thought of this point. I'd be using four indiviual wires, doing the entire PC....I came up with two thoughts on it...

1) Heatshrink, or mesh sleeving.

2) Pay my niece a few bucks, and braid the wires. I think this would look neat (definitely different). I'd have her do it because that talent wasn't taught in my local Boyhood 101 class...:p

I'm a guy and I know how to braid. :mad:

I can also cook and sew, Its not womans work.. its essential stuff a guy needs to know.

2) Pay my niece a few bucks, and braid the wires.

I've done this on my mates Sony headphones, It had a 1.8 Metre cable, so he kept complaining it was too long, So i braided it which shortened it to about 60cm, maybe a bit less because of the curves.

It's not that hard really, Try it yourself, get in touch with your feminine side and call it a life skill :D

you could just order a spool of ribbon cable from digikey, newark, allied, all electronics. basically any place that sells wire.

Beast Of Blight said:

I'm a guy and I know how to braid. :mad:

I can also cook and sew, Its not womans work.. its essential stuff a guy needs to know.

cooking is very good to know (a mans gotta eat). sewing can come in handy. but braiding...i dunno about that one :D.

Back