• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can not get my 1.333 T-Bird over 1.4ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GhostFaceKiller

Registered
Ok

I am having a hard time getting my T-Bird over 1.4. I have tried everything from adjusting the Multipler from the FSB to the voltage and all at the same time.

Spec

1.333 T-Bird 266/fsb Axia code
Thermoengine with Delta 7000rpm fan /w Artic Silver2
Abit KT7A-Raid BIOS ver. ZT Via 4.31
2 256 PC133 Crucial ram Cas2 (so 512ram)
Propht Geforce 2 64meg 12.40 Det /w Blue Ord
SB Live Vaule with Updated drivers for Win2K
Win 2000 Service Pack 2
Linksys 10/100 NIC card

I have been trying to overclocker this computer for about 2 weeks now and i am at my wits end.

Here are some of my BIOS settings.

Fast CPU command decode: Fast
CPU drive strength: 2
Enhance chip performance: enable
Force 4-way interleave: enable
Enable DRAM 4K page mode: enable
DRAM clock: host clock

Bank 0/1 DRAM Timing: Turbo
Bank 2/3 DRAM Timing: Turbo
Bank 4/5 DRAM Timing: Turbo
DRAM Bank interleave: 4 Way
Delay DRAM Read Latch: Auto
MD Driving Strength: HI
SDRAM cycle length: 2 for CAS2 memory
Fast write supported: No support
K7 CLK_CTL Select: Optimal

AGP x4
AGP Aperture size: 256
AGP Driving Control: Auto
Fast Writes Support: Enable

Thanks for your help!

One, is the processor locked?
Two, what settings(mult,FSB and Vcore) are you trying and what happens when you try them?
It is suggested that you change one setting one notch at a time, not everything at once.

Hey! Not a word ´bout ur temps?? Maybe u have a problem there? Just asking! Check! Anything beyond 45-50C won´t work for long! That´s my experience!
And if u are in any doubt; There´s NO substitute for watercooling

AVIA Y1133@1532

Fjeld@Norway!

Sometimes you can actually reach higher overclocking speeds by putting your ram in the last DIMM slot as opposed to the first!
On my Abit BE6-II I can't get over 960mhz unless I stick my ram in the very last slot. If I put it in anyone of the first two slots I get BSOD's, before I can even get into windows at 1gig! But in the last runs fine.

your temps are a little high but you made need to bump the voltage which means more heat and your border line now

also for the heatsink combo you got your temps sound REALLY high

its either its not sitting flat with good thermal paste or your case temps are high and not letting your heatsink cooloff

anouther thing is WHAT SIZE power supply you have

you need atleast a 400 watter for a 1333 so you might have the problem there

took me tieing 2 300 watters together to power the board for me to break 1.3GHZ mark..............................................

GhostFaceKiller (Jun 04, 2001 06:29 p.m.):
Thanks i will try that when i get home!
Try lowering your AGP apeture size down a little, I got BSOD's when I had mine high like that, and I did not see a big loss of performance.

I have a 300 watt power supply now. I maybe will buy a new one and try it. Maybe i need to lap my HeatSink. Anyone got any good links on how to lap? Also i will get the 6.50 det and see how that works form me. Damn i had no idea that all this would be involed in O'Cing my processor. I will keep tring tho. Thanks for all you guy's help.

Back