• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can not get AMD overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tnx trents, I have two slots Ram 4 GB x 1600 MHz eachone (8 GB x 1600 MHz) . I follwed your advises and I was trying this settings, for now it works,,

OC_3100_MHz.jpg

I was Reading that the max. temp. of CPU is for about 90C (operating like 71C), for the GPU 100C (operating 80-90C), is it true?.

Prime95 shows that: no errors , no warnings..

36YFOOH.png

http://s9.postimg.org/560h4lyq7/221x14x1_31875_800x1_56x1_23_11_09_10_17pm_10_mi.png

NB frequency did not work at any multipleir... HT is ok ?, all temperaturas are ok ? should I do the next test with wither Intel XTreme Tuning Utility or AiDA64 Extreme, like 8 hr ? or do I have to set another parameters before...

Last edited:
Watch CPU temps and core temps in HWMonitor. Keep the former at 70c or below and the latter at 65 or below.

Like trets said, keep CPU temps at 70c or below, and core temp at 65c or below.
gpu temp is warm, but still okay, they made to run hot.

Pedro, you actually didn't follow my advice. Your 1600 mhz memory is now running at higher than 1600 mhz because you increased the system clock from 200 to 229. Your memory is only rated for 1600 mhz and soon you will encounter instability because you are trying to push it too high. Lower the memclock value to 666/667 and as you increase the system clock you will work back towards the faster memory speed.

Whenever you post screenshots of CPU-z, please include the Memory and SPD tabs along with the CPU tab. And we don't need to see the Prime95 window. We'll take your word for it if you say it's passing or failing the test. And please crop the images with Windows Snipping Tool (found in Accessories) before you attach them.

Attachments

• 800mhz.PNG
    800mhz.PNG
    262.5 KB · Views: 77
trents, thank for all advises :), memclock value set at 667, prime95 test still no errors no warnings... (maximun FPU stress test)

OC_3100_MHZ_2.jpg

221x14x1_31875_667x1_56x1_24_12_09_start_prime9.png

221x14x1_31875_667x1_56x1_24_12_09.png

Chipset voltaje still in auto. how do all temperaturas look like ?. should I do the next test with wither Intel XTreme Tuning Utility or AiDA64 Extreme, like 8 hr ? or do I have to set another parameters before...

Last edited:
Disable Cool N Quiet, Turbo, C1 and C6. Look in Advanced for some of these things. Is there more to your overclocking section than what shows in your pic? It looks chopped off at the bottom. There should be more adjustments than what shows there. Also, what tabs do you have in bios? Can you give us more pictures of your bios. Can't tell much from what you have given so far. Usually, you can capture screen shots in bios to a thumb drive using the F12 key.

Disable Cool N Quiet, Turbo, C1 and C6. Look in Advanced for some of these things. Is there more to your overclocking section than what shows in your pic? It looks chopped off at the bottom. There should be more adjustments than what shows there. Also, what tabs do you have in bios? Can you give us more pictures of your bios. Can't tell much from what you have given so far. Usually, you can capture screen shots in bios to a thumb drive using the F12 key.

trents Cool N Quiet were disable from the being, I did not find Turbo, C1 and C6 in bios. I do not where pics are saved with F12 jeje. Here more bios pics...

DSC02592.jpg

DSC02594.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

DSC02596.jpg

DSC02597.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

DSC02599.jpg

DSC02600.jpg

DSC02601.jpg

DSC02602.jpg

My pc did not star, I decide to increse some voltajes, now bios has the same setting plus chipset voltaje at 1.23.

Last edited:
Pedro, did you try capturing bios screens to a flash drive with the F12 key like i suggested? Your piecemeal pictures from bios taken with a camera phone are very difficult to follow. Each one does not cover much real estate and it's like a puzzle.

trents, I tryed capturing bios screens to a flash drive with the F12 key, but it did not work, I think my bios dos not have that option.

I am trying with different set , now I am here....

fsb=221 x 14 = 3100
HT vol. = 1.23
Mem Volt= 1.35
cpu vol= 1.31250
chip vol= 1.23
VDDNB= 1.18125

CPU-Z -> DRAM AT 738, HT LINK = 1107, BUS SPEED = 221, CORE VOL. = 1.308

sometimes it woks and another do not work (the pc start and sometimes not)...

Last edited:
Didn't know if it had that option or not. Thanks for looking.

In post #24 you show the core frequency to be only 885 mhz when it should be showing around 3100 mhz. That's why I asked you about Cool N Quiet, a technology that lowers the clock multiplier when the machine is idle. Do this: Go into Control Panel>Power Options and select High Performance. If that choice is not showing then click the down arrow. MS likes to hide it and they only want you to see Power Saving and Balanced. But High Performance is there too lower down. That will disable Cool N Quiet in Windows and other power saving technologies. After doing that, post back with a pic of the CPU tab in CPU-z.

I just set high performance :), but the same values,,, CPU-Z -> DRAM at 738, HT LINK = 1107, BUS SPEED = 221, CORE VOL. = 1.308

Last edited:
Pedro, you actually didn't follow my advice. Your 1600 mhz memory is now running at higher than 1600 mhz because you increased the system clock from 200 to 229. Your memory is only rated for 1600 mhz and soon you will encounter instability because you are trying to push it too high. Lower the memclock value to 666/667 and as you increase the system clock you will work back towards the faster memory speed.

trents, some friend tell me about bus speed,, he said taht with 667 my ram is still set low. Set it manual and then to 800mhz for 1600 and raise ram volts to 1.50v.

"You don't should x2 the bus speed, you x2 ram frequency"... with 667 i have DRAM at 738 MHz, (FBS at 221 x 14 = 3100MHz). becouse I have two slot eachone at 1600, do I have to multiplier x 2 to obtaind the real bus speed (DRAM) ?

pedro, do you understand that when you set the RAM speed divider in Bios to 800 that will equate to 1600 DDR3 only when the CPU frequency is set to the stock 200 mhz? I've said that more than once. So if your RAM speed is set to 800 mhz in bios and you then increase the CPU frequency to 221 mhz the DDR3 speed will now be greater than 1600 mhz? If you don't believe me then experiment. Lower the CPU Processor Frequency to something very low like 8x so that it will for sure be stable as you experiment. Then return the CPU frequency to the stock 200 mhz. Now go into Windows and check the Memory tab in CPU-z. You will see that it is how higher than 800 mhz. If you let your memory frequency exceed the stock 800 mhz by much then the memory overclock itself will become the source of instability.

trends, eso no significa que yo no te creo, simplemente yo soy novato y con un montón de dudas ;)

well, my pc looks stable with that set I posted, I am going to run for a couple of days before make some changes, continuous advising me to improve my parameters and stability trents :)

I am runnin with those...

FBS=221 x 14 = 3100
HT volt. = 1.23
Mem Volt= 1.5
cpu volt.= 1.31250
chip volt.= 1.23
VDDNB volt.= 1.18125

high_performance_cpu_z.png

Last edited:
Sorry if I sounded rude in my previous post. I didn't realize that English is not your first language.

What I'm trying to get you to understand is that the higher you raise your CPU frequency the higher your memory frequency will climb. If you start your memory at 666 but keep increasing g the CPU frequency to around 242 or 250 then your memory willbe back to its full rated speed of 800. But if you start the memory at 800 when the CPU is at 200 then the memory frequency will rise above 800 and quickly make the system unstable asyou increase the CPU frequency. In order to accommodate a CPU frequency of 242-250, however, you will likely need to lower the CPU frequency multiplier. If you don't do that then the CPU speed will exceed a stable level.

ok, I posted some words in spanish ,, jajaja i did not realize,,,

I was running in a test mod, so I have had some important issues, specially playing some hard game,,

I am going to try with another set that I previously tested,, here it is.

FBS=219
Mem clock = 667
Mem volt. = 1.51500
CPU volt. = 1.30625

I will post some cpu-z pics... and test with the same game....

trents, look at those pics. the one is with OC profile at 7%,the rest at auto...

image.jpg

and then I tryed with FBS 219 , Mem clock 667 , CPU Volt. 1.31825, HT Volt. 1.20, and look at this pic.

image.jpg

do you see the DRAM,,, with OC profile 7% at 3000 MHz, it was 856 ,, and with 3074 MHz at 219 fsb it is 732 of DRAM,, so with more FSB it has less DRAM... ?

Lower 2 so you can continue to increase 1.

Take 3 off of "Auto" and lower it by 1x.

Put 4 on Auto.

Increase CPU Overvoltage .025 if temps permit.

Attachments

• Lower1234.PNG
    Lower1234.PNG
    134 KB · Views: 42
I will do, but I have to say that I have ran with 7% OC profile and now it shows DRAM at 571, so it is better to do a manual OC

Absolutely it is better to do a manual overclock. The overclock wizards seldom do a well-rounded job of overclocking.

Back