• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 Delux, Problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Laura

Hi all,

I have built 2 systems. Both with P4P800 Deluxe, OCZ 1gig Dual Channel platinum, P4 2.6 HT, 9800 PRO 256mb ram.

On one of my systems (the one im on now) when i start it up i hear 3 low tone fast beeps. Not the standard 1 beep. And some times (randomly) it boots into XP home with a fuzzy and weird screen. Everything loads fine but the screen looks all corrupted and the mouse just looks like fuzzy lines. I have been told it was the mobo or the GFX card. I flashed the bios to the latest 1010 and set them up as normal yet it still makes the 3 low tones fast beeps. unlike the other computer with the same setup that just makes 1. Does this mean my mobo is dead?

It runs fine most of the time like now but it always makes the 3 low tone beeps at start up.
Laura

I Forgot to add, i got a arror when installing the drivers for the mobo. some kind of memory error, it also does not seem to want to update the display drivers to 6.7

Those beeps mean some sort of problem, usually memory or vid card. Since you're having display problems, then that sort of looks suspiciously like vid card problems. But, I don't know what the beep codes are on that Asus since I'm an Abit guy. Perhaps your manual lists the error codes? You might try reseating the vid card or maybe swapping in another vid card that's known to be good.

How many USB devices do you have plugged in? It usually gives a low fast beep for each device. 3 devices = 3 beeps. Also, my dad had the same kind of problem you are experiencing. His was a videocard issue. You aren't using a Radeon 9500 or 9700 by chance?

Back