• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half Life 2 source code stolen!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm probably thinking of one of the other dozen forums I visit. Remember that thing about scrambled words that got posted a few times last week?

Yeah. This is worse.

Falcon-K said:
everyone says that it is so horrible but what does it actually mean to gamers...i mean will it cause more cheating? delays?

Read the thread from the link above.

Prolly more delays. I'm sure there will be plenty of hacks too when it finally comes out! Especially in multiplayer over Steam.

to sum it up quickly:

the source code being released, is allowing people to develop very intricate cheats for multiplaying. If the game were released now, there would be some hardcore cheaters out there and there wouldn't be anything to stop them.

It means the game is going to be delayed while they take a few steps back and correct this.

Why in the **** would anyone feel the need to comprimise a game this big like this? They obviously can't play anything yet.
"I need to cheat! I'm going to commit a felony!" It doens't make sense, just the act of doing it burns me up :mad: :mad:

gravitywell said:
to sum it up quickly:

the source code being released, is allowing people to develop very intricate cheats for multiplaying. If the game were released now, there would be some hardcore cheaters out there and there wouldn't be anything to stop them.

It means the game is going to be delayed while they take a few steps back and correct this.

Why in the **** would anyone feel the need to comprimise a game this big like this? They obviously can't play anything yet.
"I need to cheat! I'm going to commit a felony!" It doens't make sense, just the act of doing it burns me up :mad: :mad:

Well said!

It seems pretty rediculous... since everybody is saying that the hacker didn't get any textures, maps, models, etc. They can't play the game... Just seems like a LOT of trouble to go to just to cheat.

In light of this, I'm sure Valve is going to add features to Steam to block or track players with the origional and/or hacked code.

i can understand why some ppl might need to feel big and make hacks... but when they commit a CRIMINAL FELONY by doing it and possibly risk my not getting my hands on the game before the end of this year, they should burn for it.

Definately. This is ridiculous! Who in their right mind wouldn't be more than happy to drop $50 on an excellent game! Stupid lousy hackers!

*cough* as mentioned above, discussion takes place in the "HL2 discussion thread." That thread is there in order to prevent the clutter of a dozen other HL2 related threads going.....i'm sure without that thread there would be at least 4 or 5 other threads about this particular subject.

DaveSauce said:
*cough* as mentioned above, discussion takes place in the "HL2 discussion thread." That thread is there in order to prevent the clutter of a dozen other HL2 related threads going.....i'm sure without that thread there would be at least 4 or 5 other threads about this particular subject.

yes massah...:rolleyes:
Gimme a break... this topic deserves 2 threads!

Last edited:
USAPGAPRO said:
OMG this sucks big time.

It sure does...

Anybody hear how the packaging of HL2 with the XT's will work??? I'm wondering if ATi will include a voucher for a free copy in the box.

Last edited:
Or it could be all lies and they said it to delay the release indefinate?

Back