• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My kick *** case cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ritalin

Check this l337 stuff out :eek: :p :cool:
PHTO0129.jpg

Ritalin

Rolfmao
You want 1337?
Try putting 4 tornados(2 exhaust in the rear, 2 intake in the front) and then a blue led on the slk-900(a). Everytime i turn my computer on, I can feel the Jet Stream Effect

Heatsinkguy said:
Rolfmao
You want 1337?
Try putting 4 tornados(2 exhaust in the rear, 2 intake in the front) and then a blue led on the slk-900(a). Everytime i turn my computer on, I can feel the Jet Stream Effect

do you hvae like ear plugs permanently glued to your ears? =p

No but you gotta love that roar from the BEAST i mean come on.
My whole computer is like a Jet Turbine from the Virgin Atlantic.
It can even move by itself because it pushes like 500 cfm of air!!!

yeah that's suicidal!
i can barely hear the fan on mine lol, i always watch TV and listen to music/play games. It is hot here so there is always: Air Conditioning, a big fan (not computer, just for the room), the computer and the TV on... I can barely hear the difference between the computer with that mini house fan on and off...
Fun experiment :)
Ritalin

Heh Heatsinkguy if you put casters on that thing you could ride it to work. Why not 1 tornado on the cpu and normal case fans (or even led case fans?).

Ritalin if you tame that jungle of wires you might not need fan there ;)

Last edited:
I have controllers to turn them down when iam watching tv on my comp or gaming...most of the time i run them at 50% of their power and my max load is 29 celcius and min idle is 18 celcius

With hmonitor i can go down to 12 celcius idle and max 20 celcius load

hehe Deathknight, i tried, over and over again, but they are tied up! what else can i do? i am scared that if i untie them to stick them to the top of the case, i wont be able to stick them up together again...

Deathknight said:
Heh if you put casters on that thing you could ride it to work. Why not 1 tornado on the cpu and normal case fans (or even led case fans?).

Ritalin if you tame that jungle of wires you might not need fan there ;)

I agree....You could prolly ride it if u put some wheels on it haha.

Well before you try and make any changes just take some time, look over your case and see what are the weak points (jumbles of wires with no place to put em) and what are the strong spots (little nooks and crannies you can hide stuff in).

For instance my most recent machine I built has a nice little spot on the far side of the case behind the PSU for hiding wires. Also there is a decent amount of room on the far side behind all of the drive bays. So then my whole goal was to route all of the wires behind these things.

Just count out the molexes you need, check them for distance, and bundle anything not used in some hiding spot. Run the cables where you want them to go and try and hold em in place with your hand to make sure it will work (often a cable will reach but then when you try to snake it around nice and neat its not long enough). Zip ties are key. You can zip tie cables to each other, you can zip tie cables onto parts of the case to hold em in place.

Here is a pic of my latest case. I have a bit of work left on it (for instance the rounded cable going up to my cd-rom is driving me nuts because it is too bulky and will be replaced soon). I wish I had run a couple of things under the motherboard, maybe next time its all apart I will do that. This case is indentical inside as my wifes so I had already had a little experience working with it. Every time I work on a particular case I try new tricks and they work a little better ;)

Deathknight Dually Case.JPG

As for not being able to get them back well I think you could probably manage to get them bundled up again if you needed. They are wire so they hold their shape a little bit. Should not be hard to clump them up and zip tie em again.

of course i can :) and the controller can even fit a 5.25 bay
Ritalin
PS: yes, i am joking about the controller fitting a 5.25 bay...

Deathknight finly i know some ppl other than me that know how to spend money man for the cash ritalin put in he clould have done somthig that works better is not so loud and looked way better man my comp looks better lol i mean not to say im running any thing thats really bad besides the case and cooling im top of the line thats right P4 with 800fsb !!!!! and a asus p4c800e man amd can lick my nutts

well, I have a 20inch fan sitting next to be whenever I feel a little on the warm side ;-)

Oh, no...
Ok dude, the name of my PSU is "Sunshine", what can you expect... this is the fan that comes with it... how cheap huh?
it's like the cheapest thing ever...
It is 520W though... yes i know that the name matters the most bla bla bla... i hate being a n00b when i buy stuff...
Ritalin

Back