Games Tips and general discussion
Forum Jump

Shame on Valve

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 10-08-03, 10:32 PM   #41
Michfan

Quote:
Originally posted by sappo

Who cares what they thought. If they hired me as some security consultant guy, I'd of been all "NO GABE, you CANT have HL2 source code on the computer you're emailing from."

Here's a good example. So the Chinese steal the United States' smart missle nuclear missle technology. Then they build them and point them at the US. Who are you going to blame? Should the US act shocked because a country tried to do that? Should the US stomp it's foot and demand it back? The cat is out of the bag, the genie will not go back in the bottle. The only thing that can be done at that point is to see some heads roll from the people that were supposed to keep information safe in the first place.
Ok your analogies are going out to left field my friend. Stop and think about it for a minute with the situation at hand. It was STOLEN. It was WRONG. There is no way to justify that the criminal act was indeed right so lets not go there. Blame Valve all you want for their lax security. I find it hard to believe that a script kiddie did this. It was done by a professional who obviously knew what he was looking for and probably planned it months out. Lets not justify the actions of another by blaming the wrongful security of another.

DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra-D
Thermalright XP 120 w/ Panaflo HighFlo 120mm Fan
WD 320gb 16mb Cache
Lite-On 16x Dual Layer DVDR/RW w/ Lightscribe
Michfan is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Games
Games Tips and general discussion