• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New VIA 4-in-1 drivers out, though beta, may help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Greybeard49 (Jun 16, 2001 05:14 p.m.):
How do you like your vantec hsf? and what is cohesive cooling? Thx.

Vantec is a good affordable H/S combo with the big fan, but I hope you like noise!! I can live with it.

I couldnt even get all the way through the install of either the 4.31 or the 4.32 drivers. Just locked up my system.

VIA's website does not show these drivers, are these ones for real Hoot? I used the beta 43.2 and they show a driver date of 6-16-01 and worked great. could the beta ones be better than the "final"?

The link you originally posted pointed to the beta version of 4.32. Since I had downloaded the final version a week earlier, I figgured you had an older link. Just to be sure, I downloaded both. When you open the two versions zip file, the files inside are the same, both in content and date. Some unzip progs have a bad habit of re-dating the files you extract to the day you extract them. Some Web pages also have a bad habit of re-dating files to the day they were made available on the specific web page. Again, all you have to do is open the zip file and look at the individual files in them. FWIW, I saw no change in behavior or performance after I loaded 4.32 Via drivers on my Windows ME system, which had 4.29 as the previous drivers.

Hoot

they totally hosed my install and I uninstalled them so fast. I don't know what the problem was but I was not willing to troubleshoot when my system has been so rock solid.

Back