• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me decide what to get!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sucky noob

should i get the fx5600 ultra for $126, the regular fx5600 for $110, or the fx5600 with 256mb for $132. basically, is the ultra card anything special? or would the extra 128mb be a better deal?

The Ultra is more important than the 128 imho. Also for 126$ its probably not a real ultra and rather I would bet it is a Gainward Ultra Powerpack 5600 which is a normal 5600 chipset.

The best thing you could possibly do is buy my 9600 pro for $135 it will smear any of the cards you mentioned and cost like 9 bucks more. Great card...I love it, but got a 9800 now so I don't need it anymore

funnyperson1 said:
The Ultra is more important than the 128 imho. Also for 126$ its probably not a real ultra and rather I would bet it is a Gainward Ultra Powerpack 5600 which is a normal 5600 chipset.

exactly. I almost bought one off ebay thinking it was a real ultra but I realize gainward is dishonest for trying to confuse us to make more profits. I would pay $130 anyday for a real ultra, those sell for 180+ on ebay. anyway you may want a new cpu, a 1.7GHz willy is sloooooooooow

so i think ill get the 5600 ultra, i can get a real one for $168. I have another question: which one will get a higher overclock, the regular 5600 or the ultra? im asking because it looks like the ultra is simply just already overclocked, and i dont know if that will affect me overclocking the card. can anyone clarify which one will hit higher o/c's?

sucky noob said:
so i think ill get the 5600 ultra, i can get a real one for $168. I have another question: which one will get a higher overclock, the regular 5600 or the ultra? im asking because it looks like the ultra is simply just already overclocked, and i dont know if that will affect me overclocking the card. can anyone clarify which one will hit higher o/c's?

Dude don't get pay $168 for a 5600 ultra. That card gets stomped by the ATI cards in performance. That is way overpriced IMO.

id say get the 9600pro to i had one yeah it was good but i took it back and brought a 9700np for abit more and its much faster i nearly get 18K in 3dmark2001 with my comp :) so if u can save up abit more and get a 9700np or a 9800np :)

Overclocker550 said:

exactly. I almost bought one off ebay thinking it was a real ultra but I realize gainward is dishonest for trying to confuse us to make more profits. I would pay $130 anyday for a real ultra, those sell for 180+ on ebay. anyway you may want a new cpu, a 1.7GHz willy is sloooooooooow

Somebody get out the salt, Hell just froze over! OC550 just recommended a card other than a ti4200! I never thought I'd live long enough to see the day.

/me marks his calendar.

peace.
unloaded
8P~

call me patriotic, but im gonna stick with nvidia. call me ignorant, but i still believe in the power of DX9. all you unbelievers will be crushed when DX9 is revealed in all its glory and the fx cards rule over all creation.

/me sits down, puts sunglasses on, leans back and puts feet up on desk.

oh yeah, no one ever answered my question, which will overclock better, the regular 5600 or the ultra? out of curiosity, how will a 9600 pro overclock?

well if you believe in the power of dx9 you are looking at the wrong boards. you need to be looking at ati.

Last edited:
sucky noob said:
oh yeah, no one ever answered my question, which will overclock better, the regular 5600 or the ultra? out of curiosity, how will a 9600 pro overclock?

9600pro overclocks very very very well. Do a search they're are lots of threads on it.

sucky noob said:
call me patriotic, but im gonna stick with nvidia. call me ignorant, but i still believe in the power of DX9. all you unbelievers will be crushed when DX9 is revealed in all its glory and the fx cards rule over all creation.

/me sits down, puts sunglasses on, leans back and puts feet up on desk.

are you being serious??? hope not :eek:

Ati allredy rule over all creation. :p

Back