• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of the worst set up I've ever seen!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kbird

http://home.grandecom.net/~kbird/P1010048.JPG

http://home.grandecom.net/~kbird/P1010047.JPG

http://home.grandecom.net/~kbird/P1010050.JPG

Ok LOL its my set up so let me have it.

My temps were 48 idle and 59.5 load

now they're 40idle and 46 load does that sound about right? It sure made my day to see those temps. Right now my 1.6a is running at 2512Mhz. My house's ambient temp is usually 25 celsius. I just couldn't figure out a way to make everything fit in this small mid tower so I modded a little box to hold everything and it slides right up next to my case and provides a very nice foot stool. Ghetto I think is the name everyone gives a set up like this? I need some ideas so help me out, suggestions whatever you think is needed.

Thanks
Karl

It's just a tad ghetto :p But really, it looks good, especially with the room you had to work with, and you have good WC equipment.

I noticed one of the fans on your heatercore has no shroud. Why not use the shroud for the fan inside the box and let the wood of the box act as a shroud of sorts for the one outside.

First let me tell you I have no experience with watercooling. I agree with geek, I think its pretty cool. One question, which way do the fans for your radiator blow? You said you slide the small box right up against your case. If the fans blow out of the wooden box, you might be pushing warm air from your case through your radiator. If they blow the opposite way, the air would be cooling your water better, but pushing warm air into your case. I think if you run the hoses to your cpu out the other side of the wooden box, and turn the whole deal around, it would be better no matter which way the fans blow. This is just my aircooling knowledge applied to your setup, so there may be some factor I'm missing. Nice job anyway.

Edit: lol nice avatar JML, haven't noticed anyone else with the same one until its posted side by side. :)

Whoa, resize those pics :D (I have 3mbps cable but those are just excess). That's not very ghetto, too clean looking ;). Looks good.

Rezin777 my fan suck cool air into the box and I've got one small exhaust fan on the wooden box and a 90mm blow hole on my computer case, so I think we are thinking alike hehe.

Sorry about that Soja I'm not the brightest on how to actually resize my pics LOL. I will try to work on that tonight after I get home from work. I glad you like my box Soja:D

I really can't believe you guys actually like this thing after seeing all the beautiful modded plexi glass setups.

Ahh... first quick glance at the pics and those 2 fans slipped my attention. They should take care of it then. Nice work.

Edit: The fancy case mods all done up are definitely nice and I respect the time and effort put into them. But personally I'm more of a "ghetto modder" myself. Function over form. At the moment I have a huge dryer duct running straight into my hs/fan pulling cold winter air from the outside. Sure its not pretty (and it won't work in the summer) but for now my temps are 28 degrees Celcuis with the system below and its not even really cold outside yet. So yeah, I like your water cooling setup alot. :)

Last edited:
Rezin777 said:
Edit: lol nice avatar JML, haven't noticed anyone else with the same one until its posted side by side. :)

I called it! :p jk

Not that I mind if you have the same avatar or anything, but here's another one if you don't wanna have the same avatar as someone else-

NewAV.jpg

Wow, offtopic but I never even noticed it said sublime. That's a tabasco label right? Now where can I find a shirt like that...

Wow we are butchering Kbirds poor thread, Thanks JML for the option, but I had one ready just in case something like this happened. ;) Soja, I think anywhere you can find rock band tee-shirts you should be able to get one. Well, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Klownin79 good question I thought they were for an easy bleed or refill. I don't know just seemed like the right thing to do and it was something else to build LOL. The T line for the bleed just worried me for some reason really.

Nickme90 I wish I'd seen your setup before I started. That is really a clean looking setup.

:D

Rezin777 said:
Wow we are butchering Kbirds poor thread, Thanks JML for the option, but I had one ready just in case something like this happened. ;) Soja, I think anywhere you can find rock band tee-shirts you should be able to get one. Well, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Some more butchering. I've never seen 40oz sublime shirts like that though :( just the traditional sun.

And, Kbird, it's only wood, you could probably hack your current box into something similar to NickMe's if you got rid of the res (depending on the size). All these external boxes makes me want to build one myself.

If you have external box I suggest to mount it under case / over case like @ pic above or to have power supply not from comp.

i like metal boxes better but i guess wood is kinda kool less vibrations and such i guess---those temps seem kinda high it seems though @_@

my setup is similar... I have the same electrical junction box.

I'll post pictures when I feel like turning on my Digicam..

Back