• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FT03 4930k / Watercooling Build Complete w/ Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilneel12

How many rads can you fit inside the FT03?!

Set out to have a cool, quiet system, without having to put any radiators outside the case. Current setup can't run SLI, but can adapt the cooling slightly and move the radiator out to fit another card if needed.

Just finished my build, here are some specs and pics:

Hardware:
FT03B
Asus Rampage IV Gene
Intel 4930K
Gskill 32gb RipJaws Z PC2133
Corsair AX860
EVGA 780 GTX TI SC
Samsung EVO 250GB
Hitachi 3TB 7200rpm

Cooling:
Swiftech Apogee Drive II (Disconnected as it is too loud, may eventually change this out for different block)
XSPC Raystorm GPU Block
MCP35x Pump (Primary Pump)
Alphacool ST30 280mm (Cougar 140mm fans)
Alphacool UT60 120mm (2x GT AP-15 fans)
Alphacool ST30 240mm (2x Slim Phoyba fans)
XSPC EX120mm (Slim Phyoba Fan)
EK and XSPC compression fittings

Overclock and temps:

CPU: 4.6ghz stable at 1.38v (temps idle around 30c, 75c max load)
GPU: Have not overclocked over the factory standard, temps are 27c idle, 47c max load

System is dead silent at idle with all fans and pump controlled by motherboard. Loudest component is the Hitachi hard drive under normal basic use

All case cutting for radiator and Lexan window was done by Jason at waterjetnj.com in NJ. He did an amazing job making sure everything lined up perfectly and was very clean. If anyone wants the window or any FT03 case cutting, he has my drawing saved, so it will be very easy.

Appreciate any comments / thoughts!

Not the best pics, but just took some for now with my phone:

Last edited:
Holy cow. Nice.

What are your temps during 30mins of Prime95? Also do you fold and if you do what are the temps on that?

Thanks!

Temps are around 70-75c on prime95, don't fold, so not sure on the temps there.

BF4 temps with settings at max 1440p don't reach over 60c CPU and 45c on GPU, and it's still quiet!

Quite impressive. There had to be a TON of pre-measurement for this!

Thanks!

Did spend a lot of time measuring, but also spend a lot of time looking at other people's ideas for wcing the FT03 and made a combination of the best.

Initially I wanted a clean, simple, nice looking system, but the need for silence, good temps and ocing potential took over.

Back