• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EKWB CoolStream XE vs Aphacool NexXxos UT60 performance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

When I service my loop next month, I plan to swap out the EK CoolStream XE (360mm 60 mil) to an AlphaCool UT60 (also a 360mm 60 mil).

Should I expect much of a difference with cooling performance between the two?

I need the AlphaCool so thay I can add the drain port using the single end port on the radiator, while still retaining the inlet and outlet at the opposite end.

The Alphacool will be located on the floor of the case with fans (BeQuiet Light Wings) in a pull configuration, while the upper radiator is an XSPC RX360 (56mm), with the fans in a push configuration, all driven by an EK- XTOP D5 pump.

I am curious myself, as the current EK rad has an fpi of 18 and the alphacool has an fpi of 12.

I don't imagine it to be more than a couple degrees C at most. It depends on the fans you have too. 12 FPI is low and will handle low SP fans better whereas the other needs higher SP fans to be better.

It will be tough to test exactly since, I think, the difference would be minimal.

I thought about that too. These light wings are a 2.6mm H2o, which if I recall from previous research, are somewhat average to above average to current rgb fan offerings, but the noise levels were my biggest concern when purchasing them, and the kids and wife love the rgb.

You'll see better temps for a while just on a fresh flush. Rad won't make any notable difference.

I wouldn't expect any differences or if there will be any then the temperature difference won't be high enough to affect OC or noise. I guess you would see a difference between new and old generation or various brands if it was a small loop. At least I see the difference in my ITX PC with CPU+GPU and a quite weak pump on a 120mm rad. I have there newer Alphacool copper rad. I can say that I'm more satisfied with Alphacool than EK rads.
If nothing will change then I will probably build a larger loop in some weeks/months. It depends on possible review samples and my budget. Right now it doesn't look great.

Last edited:
Back