• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster Cases - 710 vs. 111 vs. 201, Which one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supra6

Registered
Readin some info on these cases, I'm stuck. I like the ATC-710-GX1 but I can not really find any threads on it. Is it a good case or is the ATC-111C-SX1 better? I see no one giving props to the 701. But I looking to get a coolermaster case soon so I wanted to get some input on ATC-701-GX1 vs. ATC-111C-SX1 vs. ATC-201B-BXT . Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forums.

There's not a bad case in this bunch. But here are some of the differences:

The 710 is actually a Chen Ming Dragon case that is made for Cooler Master with a special front panel. The Dragon is probably the most popular enthusiast computer case ever. It's a good design, but its not up to the usual Cooler Master standards. There is no removeable motherboard tray, for example. And the chassis is steel on the 710 with an alumunium front bezel.

The 111 and 201 use the same chassis. They have the same interior layout and features. The only difference is the bezel. The level of fit and finish is notably higher on these cases than on the 710, and they have a slide-out motherboard tray. If these features are worth the extra money is a call you'll have to make.

I'd recommend tracking down a local dealer that carries Cooler Master so you can see these cases in person before buying.

BHD

BaldHeadedDork nailed it.

The 701 looks good, but it's not REALLY a CoolerMaster. Stick with the 111 or the 201. The thing to think about: do you want your drive bays covered, or not?

Personally, I like the 111 myself (buying here in about 3 weeks)

Back