• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a power supply suggestion question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

texp4

Which one should I go for

Aspire ( known as Aopen I think ) 520W trifan $99
Antec True 430 $109
Antec True 480 $133

I haven't use Aspire yet, but it is kinda cheap. Please give any ideas
thanks

Have you considered the Fortron 530 watt? Its gained a pretty good reputation around these forums.

I had to RMA my Antec true430, hopefully I get my return back pretty soon. Hopefully I have better luck with the new one. Not saying its a bad PSU, and a lot of people love them, but I think I may go with the fortron next time around.

The antec TP are nice PSUs, although those prices are a bit high(i have seen the tp550 in that price range). If you are going to spend that much I would definatly consider a Fortron 530W. Its cheaper and its a real sweet unit.

FYI: There is a forum dedicated to cases and power supplies. That would be the best place to post this sort of question ;)

One more vote for the Fortron, man. And Sparkle's are just renamed Fortrons, too.
Fortrons are some of the best power supplies made. You can grab one on newegg, as well as many other places. And as a bonus to the better reliability and power output, they are quieter and cheaper than the power supplies you have listed.

P.S. Fortron's reputation started with it's 300W power supply, which was actually more than capable of putting out 400W of power, although their 250's could put out more than 300W, too.

fortron
this is the first place i've herd of that brand, so i did some researce and wow,
thier 530 is in reality a 600 watt
they just don't throw on the glitter that other companies do. so thier prices are low,
but they are the #1 power suppy companie that makes hospital, power supplies for critical computers,
so they will be my choice from now on

simpleman said:
fortron
this is the first place i've herd of that brand, so i did some researce and wow,
thier 530 is in reality a 600 watt
they just don't throw on the glitter that other companies do. so thier prices are low,
but they are the #1 power suppy companie that makes hospital, power supplies for critical computers,
so they will be my choice from now on

Cant go wrong ;)

gingo said:
Have you considered the Fortron 530 watt? Its gained a pretty good reputation around these forums.

I had to RMA my Antec true430, hopefully I get my return back pretty soon. Hopefully I have better luck with the new one. Not saying its a bad PSU, and a lot of people love them, but I think I may go with the fortron next time around.

I have a 350W Fortron Aurora. It runs great with my mATX mobo.
$60 @ NewEgg.
Looks really nice too. :p

man too bad that there are NO FORTRON available in canada.

I have to pick either ANtec or ASPIRE . SInce Aspire is a weird name to ma it is 40W bigger, and 50% cheaper, I don't know should I go for it or not.

I don't think that Aspire is Aopen because I once saw an Aspire, and it seemed to be cheapo. Aopen is actually Fortron/Sparkle.

I know you didn't mention this, but my Antec TC 550 is a real nice ps while having the addition to adjust voltage rails too and the ability to mount a hd inside the 5 1/4 slot it uses... just more food for thought...

Back