• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd 3200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well, if you mean the "AMD ATHLON XP 3200 "Barton", it is the 200Mhz fsb version of the Barton processor, running at 11x200Mhz, 2.2Ghz.

it is a good processor for sure, but I think most people here won't recommend it, because of the fact that it costs a lot ($450), and you can overclock a 2500+ to the exact same speed of a 3200+ quite often, and the 2500+ costs around $90.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

but if you mean the "AMD Athlon 64 3200+", that's quite something else. This processor runs at 2Ghz, and actually costs a few dollars less than the Barton 3200.

this is the one of the newest products of AMD, the cheaper of the two processors that supports 64 bit operation.

it comes with a heatspreader like the P4 to protect the core, and it's what qwerty57 got to 27k+ 3DMarks with.

I think this is a much better processor than the Barton, but whether it justifies roughly $445? I'm not so sure. At the moment you can only run single channel DDR with this processor.

This is a nice processor, but I'd say wait for the 90nm, socket 939, 1MB cache, Dual DDR version to come out next year.

Last edited:
yea, but on the other hand if you really have the money to spend instead of getting a 3200+ you could get a athlon 64 bit 3200+ for around the same price but instead you get 1Mb l2 cache inst4ead of 512 with 3200+

just my .02

that's okay. interesting idea though...

so you are doing the pioneering and got a Athlon 64 3200+? good for you!

do you like it so far?

how does it compare to your previous system?

how hot does it run?

edit: just realised that your sig contains what you are looking at.

Last edited:
Back