• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD EPYC 9754 2.25GHz 128-Core Processor - Bergamo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Holy COW!!!!! Does that take a crane to install? Like a forklift to get it into your car. Several man lift with the help of your buddies and a case of beer to get it into the house? Do you need to use a come-along to move it about?

Do you have to sign a waiver or notification to the electric provider? Do they have to upgrade the amperage to your home for this beast?

Holy COW!!!!! Does that take a crane to install? Like a forklift to get it into your car. Several man lift with the help of your buddies and a case of beer to get it into the house? Do you need to use a come-along to move it about?

Do you have to sign a waiver or notification to the electric provider? Do they have to upgrade the amperage to your home for this beast?
10K for the CPU...10K a month for the electric bill...So just slightly less than 'Hawk spends now. :geek: :beer:

Those cores are different from the ones we're used to. In silicon area it is about half the physical size, from a combination of having half the L3 cache and also a different silicon implementation. They run the same code but will never clock as well as "regular" ones. It will be interesting if in time someone could do a perf/power per core curve for both to see how they compare.

We're into rumour territory but they may make an appearance in consumer offerings later on, as AMD's version of hybrid cores.

I don't know who else caught that the L3 cache on these CPUs fulfilled the RAM requirement for Windows 7. It would be cool to see someone install and run Windows 7 with no RAM. lol. No value in it except to say that it was done.

I don't know who else caught that the L3 cache on these CPUs fulfilled the RAM requirement for Windows 7. It would be cool to see someone install and run Windows 7 with no RAM. lol. No value in it except to say that it was done.
That would be neat, not sure if it's possible, however. You can't even POST and boot without RAM, right?

I suppose you could easily install the very minimum of RAM needed to POST but I bet that's > the minimum needed for Win7. Therefore, I see this as nothing more than a fun thought exercise.

Looking around I see not many manufactures are making SP5 CPU coolers for this chip.

Might as well familiarize yourselves with recent reports re. 'Zenbleed' vulnerability. No idea which cpus are patched with new microcode or not. I think all or some of the Epyc cpu's are affected. Otherwise affecting Zen 2 cpus in general. A little confusing when there are Zen 3 cpu's with model names like 5700 (but apparently isn't affected).

I recently received my Zen 3 - Ryzen 7 Pro 5750G, and freaked out a little before learning that it supposedly wasn't affected by this vulnerability.

Well, the good news is where this is more likely to be exploited (in data centers), they are patching ASAP. As a consumer, I wouldn't sweat it. ;)

Back