• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

return 2.8C for 2.4C?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eliteoneXP

I got this chip about 2 weeks ago and a IC7-max3 mobo and it seems 3.37 GHZ is the max this chip is gonna do. The crappy part is...thats only a 242FSB. I'm using OCZ pc4000 memory and it doesn't feel too good to know this memory can do 250mhz+ and be stuck at a measly 242 :p. Would it be wise to get a 2.4 or a 2.6 instead?

not really sure...i dont feel like takin the HS off now to check it out. 3.37 GHZ is pretty much the average though from what I got off the CPU database on this site.

2.4 C new Z3s

If you can return the P4 2.8C and get one of the new P4 2.4Cs packed in Sep 03 (Costa Rica) then do it. I read about how this chip runs cooler so I got one from my local computer store in ATL, this store does volume business & usually has recent chips in the low to mid priced CPUs. It is the BOMB. I was packed 2/15 Sep 03 and is a SL6DZ3, showed as 1.50 volts on auto voltage settings in bios. This chip running 3.5 GHz(12* 292) out of the box without burn in & PRIME 95 stable 12 hours w/ 1168 fsb, 1.65 volts on the CPU.

Had to use 3:2 ratio for RAM. I am getting PC 4200 RAM to see how high fsb that I can get with 1:1 RAM ratio settings.:D :D :D

GET THIS CHIP, :D :D

If it only does 3.3 GHz then you will benefit from a higher fsb.

You will be hearing alot about these kast group of 2.4Cs

I'm running my 2.8 w/ the same combo as you @ 3.51GHz on stock voltage. Most guys are easily pushing 3.4 on stock voltage. Something isn't right

I would say try some better cooling. If you put that on a vapochill you can easily get close to 4Ghz =). Had a case like this with my P4 3.0C it would only do 3.5Ghz on air no matter what vcore/ram i used. I got my self a Vapochill and pushed the baby to 4Ghz and sold it after =D.

Back