• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Clips for SLK947U

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hethspd

Are there any tips on mounting a 92mm fan onto this beast? The installation of the heatsink itself was no problem but these clips are extremely difficult to get on with your hand. I actually tried using pliers to bend the clips which resulted in the clip to break in half :)

Thermalright is sending me some new clips free of charge. Are there any instructions on how to mount these clips without puncturing your fingers? Also, I'm worried about exerting too much force on the heatsink while mouting the fan to the point that I crack the core of my CPU. Is this something I should be worried about?

first make sure you are using the right clips and the right holes. then put the clips into the heatsink. finally stretch the clips over the fan. it shouldn't be that hard, no need for pliers or anything.

Could you direct me to some detailed instructions or some nice pictures? The directions on Thermalright's website aren't that great :(

Lol...they still are kinda tough to get on, though...when i got my vantec tornado, i was kinda angry b/c it didn't come w/ a fan grille, even though the case said it had one, but once i tried putting the fan clips on, i was glad i didn't have to pull them any higher.

Back