• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP keeping folder view format???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

myzhi

Registered
For some reason, I can't get XP to remembering view format. Want the folders to be in "List," but everytime I go back, Windows revert it back to "Icons." Any idea how to fix this?

Set a folder to the view you want, go up to tools and then folder options, then into view, and click the option to set all folders to the current view.

Hope that fixes your problem.

Try that, but it did not work. Apparently, Windows has a 400 view limit. Not sure how I went over that, but had to download a registry tweak, up it to 8000, and everything fine now.

"increase folder view size limit to 8000 (line 2, left column)"

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Yea I've been having that problem recently too. Really ****es me off because I can't figure out why. That link will do wonders, besides it has lots of other fixes, and features that you can use too. Guess got to look through the list and get ready for when I reinstall my computer.

Back