• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance Differences 200/266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bryz

Registered
Is there a noticable difference in speed of a 200 Mhz FSB and a 266 Mhz FSB? I'm not too too concerned about ability to overclock it once it runs at 1.2 - 1.3 etc., but just raw performance at standard clock speeds.

bryz (Jul 10, 2001 01:01 a.m.):
Is there a noticable difference in speed of a 200 Mhz FSB and a 266 Mhz FSB? I'm not too too concerned about ability to overclock it once it runs at 1.2 - 1.3 etc., but just raw performance at standard clock speeds.

not overclock? you are missing out on some fun!!

True as the above post may be......

On a KT133A/AMD760/KT266/Magik1 motherboard, with an unlocked 100/200 chip, running at 133 MHz FSB (266 theoretical) should not be a problem with a lowered multiplier. So basically, if you're overclocking, the default FSB setting for your chip really doesnt matter, if they are from the same batch. (i.e. both AXIA).

For example, my AMCA Duron (default FSB: 100) will run at 143 MHz FSB rather easily.

SickBoy

Now a real answer........

Increasing the FSB from 200 to 266 (in EV6 effect 100/133) creates a memory bandwidth increase of approximatley 15% and also gives a pure 33% increase in bandwidth between CPU and Northbridge.

Back