• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

connection leads from case switches

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

memnoch349

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM
I know this question or my description is going to make you guys wonder but here goes...
I notice that all the leads that connect to the mobo (ide activity, power switch, reset switch, etc) have exposed metal on one side of the black plug. Almost like a tap area. Now when you plug them down to the mobo and have two rows of pins. If this exposed area is facing the other row, is there a chance of a jump across or short? Hope I explained this well enough. Thanks!

well, it shouldn't arc. because it shouldn't be supplying a high enough voltage.... and i wouldn't worry if it shorts, because the ones with the exposed metals would probably have similar signals.

Not really. I've never heard of any problems like that. The exposed metal is generally a little recesed, so it is very inlikely for direct contact to occur, and as Dc5e pointed out, if the voltage was high enough to arc, you'd havesome serious problems (like an exploding motherboard).

Been long time since electronics school but if you check out the specs to fire a spark plug with .035 gap takes approx. 7kv(?) or somewhere in that range.

Back