• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer gives lots of lockups and freezes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReTiCuLeX

I tried everything i get lots of error codes I replaced everything in my computer. Heres my error code 0028 : C0030C0C45 I get this blue screen quit often. When I listen to winamp I get a lockup then I gota reboot the computer it said your SYSTEM HAS HALTED in a blue screen when I was lisetening to winamp.All of my games freeze also. Please help no tech around here knows what to do not even AMD themselves. Thx guys.

P.S. Below is my setup.

ReTiCuLeX G)Ds

His system details specify 300 MHz FSB, so yeah he's overclocking at 150 MHz. If he hasn't cut back on the multiplier, he's at 1.575 GHz.

It could be that your DDR SDRAM can't cut it at 150 MHz at CL 2.5. Either set the memory back to CL 3 or set the FSB back to default and see what happens.

Hopefully you've fixed the "686 bug" since you're mobo has the VIA South Bridge. If you didn't, it could be an SBLive!/VIA issue.

I would format your HDD then install windows 98se and minimal drivers i.e motherboard ,video card. Then flash your bios to the latest version and reinstall everything and see if it works without your soundcard. Have you replaced your PSU, if not thats your problem. Its got to be your powersupply because i had the same problem with my cpu. Does your cpu hang sometimes and just go real slow , how are your temps? Run your ram in your bios on AUTO . If you replaced all your parts all i can say is that it could be your CPU or motherboard. Oh yeah you say you have an aopen psu , well is it really an aopen or a generic psu because you told me that your PSU dosnt even say aopen on it. I personally have an aopen PSU and i can tell you the mine says aopen on it and the fan in the PSU is HUGE and i know that this PSU could easily run a 1400mhz cpu.

Well guess what I did replace my PSU it came with my case and the name of it is POWERMAN its certified by amd and I never knew it lol.... 300watt POWERMAN btw my comp only freezes on the internet I brought it to the store it didn't freezes or blue screen once. It only freezes when im online I have cable modem I just hooked up nortin firewall.Im stuck not knowing what to do it freezes during online gaming and everything else.it dont freeze when I unhook my cable and just run without my connection.I replaced my ethernet card.Btw win98se installs but some times gives an eror,also won't detect my USB mouse win98se and I install all the stuff i need.WinME lets me use my Usb ports and they work = ).Ty for the help.

I had a similar prob with my nic on an Epox 8KTA2. Mine was defective though. Read the FAQ, or knowledge database at epox.com . Maybe that'll help.

DaveB (Jul 11, 2001 02:06 p.m.):
His system details specify 300 MHz FSB, so yeah he's overclocking at 150 MHz. If he hasn't cut back on the multiplier, he's at 1.575 GHz.

It could be that your DDR SDRAM can't cut it at 150 MHz at CL 2.5. Either set the memory back to CL 3 or set the FSB back to default and see what happens.

Hopefully you've fixed the "686 bug" since you're mobo has the VIA South Bridge. If you didn't, it could be an SBLive!/VIA issue.

How do u solve the via/sblive! problem??

It sounds like your computer was overclocked when installing win98se.
I dont understand because it sound like your systems FSB is too much overclocked when your on the internet. Set your memory to default because you might have cheap memory

Back