• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changed motherboards, went back to the old one, and now my PC is blue screening.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

So I'm 99% sure this issue is resolved, I'm just confused as to why it may have been happening. So, long story short, I bought a new motherboard a few months ago that had WiFi and bluetooth built into it so I could move my PC to a different room. I moved houses, was able to get the router installed in the same room as my computer in the new place, so I was planning to sell the WiFi board and switched back to the first motherboard. The old one, for clarification, was an ASRock AB350M Pro4, and the WiFi board, a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi. Everything seems fine for a time, but then I start getting blue screens every now and again. I'd dealt with them before, though I never thought it was due to the board, but rather faulty RAM, and it was the same error code, so I was a bit confused. The only thing I'd changed recently was my board.

Well, it continued. More and more frequently, and now different codes. Page fault, memory management, system service exception, attempted execute in non execute memory, driver irql not less than or equal. It was frustrating. Finally, I decided to not sell the WiFi board and once again change back to it, and smooth sailing from there. Been two weeks, and no issues. My question is, what could have possibly happened to the ASRock board to cause this? I tried undoing overclocks to no avail. In fact, after undoing and reapplying them, the issue got worse. I kept it in the box, in a completely dry room the entire time it was unused. Any ideas?

try over writing the bios, write bios you don't want, then write bios you do want, Ive had success with this on AM3+ boards before.

Asrock board is junk. Google around. You are not the only one with those issues.

We have the AB350M Pro 4 in my wife's computer paired with 16 gb of DDR4 3200 (Samsung B die) and a Ryzen 1600 overclocked to 3.8 ghz. It runs flawlessly. Vishera, is the board still under warranty? Sounds like most of your errors are memory related. I wonder if the DIMM slots have some bad traces.

Asrock board is junk. Google around. You are not the only one with those issues.

Huh. Weird. I've been using them for 7 years and never had a problem before.

We have the AB350M Pro 4 in my wife's computer paired with 16 gb of DDR4 3200 (Samsung B die) and a Ryzen 1600 overclocked to 3.8 ghz. It runs flawlessly. Vishera, is the board still under warranty? Sounds like most of your errors are memory related. I wonder if the DIMM slots have some bad traces.

That's what I thought, but none of these issues are present in my Gigabyte board. Also, I bought the board used. Lesson learned I guess, although this is my first time having a used board crap out so soon (year and a half).

It happens once in a while but not necessarily a reasons to stop buying used components altogether. You win some and you lose some. Sometimes it happens with brand new stuff. One thing I try to remember when buying used motherboards is that it's already been proof tested by someone else.

Back