• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I lost my UT2K3 CD Key

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok I just moved and somewhere in the move my Manual with the CD Key got either losed or thrown out. (I should have had it saved in notepad and put on my server but I didnt) How in the heck do I get a new key. Before anyone goes and starts saying anything about warez. I have my orignal box and hell I can even post pics of my original CD's. Is there anyway that I can send the UPC Code from the box to Unreal to get them to send me a new key.
I dont think that would work becuase then every pirate would just run to the store and copy the UPC from a new box and get his own code.

Can it be found in an installed machine. I installed it on my old machine and it is still on there.

damn this is frustrating.

in your registry.

type regedit in run and go to
hkeyLocal machine/software/unrealtechnology/installed apps/ut2003

click on cd key and there it is

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You , Thank You, Thank You , Thank You.

It is installing as I type this. I have now saved it in about 5 diffrent places.

When you can't do it just send the cd back, they will be glad to help an honest person. I almost sent that stupid orange book out til I remembered the cd was on it, YIKES

Failing searching the registry, you can always email Epic and see what they can do. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to send you a new key, though they'd pro'lly require your old CDs first.

Capt Fiero said:
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You , Thank You, Thank You , Thank You.

It is installing as I type this. I have now saved it in about 5 diffrent places.

NP man, I have a text file with all my cd keys just in case of something like that happening. its easier to keep track of one file, than keeping track of cases, manuals etc.

itizme said:
When you can't do it just send the cd back, they will be glad to help an honest person. I almost sent that stupid orange book out til I remembered the cd was on it, YIKES

I dont think I understand your reply, "when I cant do it" I used the trick CrazyP posted and it worked perfectly. The game is back up and running. I even copied all my old game files over after instalation. That way I dont have to do all the updates and stuff again. My game has expanded to fill over 4 gig of space.

itizme said:

I just went threw this. I emailed there tech support and there marketing support. They pretyt much told me to go out and buy the game. I told them I'd rather NOT pay for it again, but I am willing to buy another licsence from them. They said that they can not help, so I said "now you know why people crack your software GOOD DAY!!"

Needless to say, I still don't have a key and I don't have it installed otherwise I would do as your recomended.
Rob

Back