• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what should i upgrate with $40 in my pocket?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RG

so, what should i do? my system is AMD athlon XP 1500+, WinXPpro, 256DDR pc2100, K7S5A mobo, WD60GB, ATI Radeon 7500 64ddr w/ internal DAC 350mhz, 350Watt power. I'm thinkig to upgrate vga or ram. I can save some more money untill christmas, so i'll have about $100 or so. I anybody has any suggestions, please post here. thax!;)

Your whole computer is... Well, old. If I were you, I think I would simply hang on to the whole thing until you can afford something that is significantly better.

It depends on what you do with your computer... an extra 256mb of RAM would definitely help. If you have another $60 or so after that you could bump up to a Radeon 8500/9100, which would be a reasonable upgrade from the 7500.

For $50, I'd definitely just get some more RAM. Maybe consider sitting on it until you can upgrade bigger stuff though?

Back