• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what should i do with my $60

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RG

my system is k7s5a mobo, 2100+, 2700ddr 512, 9600pro, so, should i get another pc2700 512ddr, or a new motherboard? nforce 2? for 60$? no more than that. i'm using wind xp pro, and playing lomac so i thought that more ram is good, but still, my mobo is old and soon i'm gonna have to replase it with something better, so which one? is 512 enogh for me? if i'll buy a mobo, i can save money for ram like 3200 ddr 512 right? thx for you replys!;)

update, i just got 512 pc2700, (i gave my old 2x256 to my dad), so now i have free slot for another 512, but new botherboard sounds good too, what would you do? buy more ram, or new motherboard?

60$ isnt really enough for a new mobo.

I would just save the money untill I could afford a decent one.

One of these should be good:
Abit NF7-S rev2
DFI lanparty B
Leadtek limited edition (If you can find it)

my favorite is the DFI board, my first one did better than my best out of 3 NF7-S rev2 mobos, but it is made by a realitively unknown manufacturer so if you want brand name recognition get the Abit.

I have heard some good things about the Leadtek limited edition mobo, but I haven't been able to use one because I havnt found a store that sells them.

Back