• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high can you run pc3200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itizme

I have mine set at a fsb to dram ratio of 1:1 and the fsb@225 hence my ram is running 225x2=450 with auto voltage selected and settings of 3,4,4,8
is this correct that I am at 450 now? (I know the 225 and ratios are correct)

what do I need to do to keep this ram stable when I go to 250 fsb with the same ratio of 1:1

No, some new corsair is not the answer
if there are reasons to change the settings please explain why, I am not exactly a noob at overclocking but it has been a year since I have needed to overclock (my last system)

btw my ram is 2x512 dual channel mode

They seem a little lax but they would need to be at that speed. Ram is picky it doesn't like to oc very much. W/ mushkin pc3200 the best I've hit was 208 1:1, 2-2-2-5 @ 2.85v.

BTW that link doesn't work.
Are you running memtest86? 1 pass is all that's usually needed to find ram probs.

itizme u should be extremely happy with those results 1:1 on pc3200....your not gona get higher than that most likely.

jus switch to 5:4 and watch your **** skyrocket.

What would be better, the speed or the settings
ie 225 on dram or the 3338 instead of 3448?

Yep, what gramps says. Sometimes the 5:4 ratio with tight timings comes close to beating 1:1 with relaxed timings if the 5:4 will give you a higher O/C. Benchmark it both ways and see. The only thing left to do with your timings already relaxed is to max out the vmem.

Thanks guys, going to do some testing
Just another reason why overclockers.com rules!!

i run 200fsb on corsair pc3200 cas 2 1.1 i run 2-2-2-5 timings with 2.6vdimm....

i just want two sticks of 1.2 pc3200 so i can run dual channel, and high fsb....

Grandpa Dan said:
They seem a little lax but they would need to be at that speed. Ram is picky it doesn't like to oc very much. W/ mushkin pc3200 the best I've hit was 208 1:1, 2-2-2-5 @ 2.85v.

BTW that link doesn't work.
Are you running memtest86? 1 pass is all that's usually needed to find ram probs.

Hmm, I found probs after 7 passes.

Back