• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Member:Processor Ratio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

E_Man

3,473 Members:3,561 Processors

That simplifies to 1.02 processors per member.

I know people like Vonkaar, Niksub1, Wedo, and the like have a ridiculous number of processors folding for them so that brings the amount of processors per member to less then one

Just thought you guys might be interested.

...yeah but theres only 636 active members = 5.599 cpus/member

edit: fast420A beat me to it, it took me 2 minutes to find my calculator..

An interesting statistic indeed. And part of the reason I try to devise fool-proof ways for anyone with a LAN to add a 2Ghz box for under $160.

I think it would be more interesting to see something like Member:GHZ ratio. Although I don't think its possible.

well 440,000 points per week / 636 active members / say 225 points per GHz = 3.1 Ghz per member

so the average processor is 3.1 Ghz / 5.599 processors = 554 Mhz

and the total team Mhz is 440,000 / 225 = 1956 GHz - nearly 2 Terra Hertz!!

Last edited:
I am messing up your stats - not sure how common - 6 PC's but F@H records 16 as I am running multiple clients on each.

Shaun

stui_nz said:
...yeah but theres only 636 active members = 5.599 cpus/member

edit: fast420A beat me to it, it took me 2 minutes to find my calculator..

It's under Start|Programs|Accesories ;)

epauls said:
It's under Start|Programs|Accesories ;)

Or Start|Run|Calc.
;)

ShaunBrewer said:
I am messing up your stats - not sure how common - 6 PC's but F@H records 16 as I am running multiple clients on each.

If you take that into consideration the stats are off because many people have multiple instances running on their computers.

Matt

cbakey said:
Yea thats one thing that could change the active CPU due to the fact that most people run two Cleints on HT P4's.

Yeah, and on duallies, many people run 3-4 instances. I run 4 on mine.

I had thought about setting up someking of tracking system that would allow members to logon, input the number of cpu's, instances, and Mhz for our team. We need a php/MySQL guru to whip up something for the team site.

Wedo

I had thought about setting up someking of tracking system that would allow members to logon, input the number of cpu's, instances, and Mhz for our team. We need a php/MySQL guru to whip up something for the team site.

I could probably do something like that. I will have a bit more of a think about it when I get home from work. Actually it should be pretty simple.

Don't forget uptime as well. Some of my CPU's only run for about 4-5hrs a day.

Back