• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Question about performance from 1 gighertz to 1500mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
M

Me

I might upgrade next week and i was wondering if people who had a 1 gighertz machine saw a big performance increase with the 1.333chip overclocked to 15000 mhz or higher. did you see a good improvment in games? I know my video card is a bottleneck but i still think a faster cpu and motherboard will help me out esspecially if i already have the crucial cas 2 ram and it is not even being used to its full potential in my current slot A Motherboard. What do you think buy a geforce 2 pro or go with a new cpu and mobo for 280 bucks or spend 160 and buy a good video card? I think i will get more bang for buck going with a faster cpu and mobo and overclocking it
.Thanks

I would recommend getting the better videocard for gaming performance. The V3 wont do much better with 2ghz :p Video card first then think about ram, then getting your rig past 1.3 .

I agree. You V3 is really hitting the limit now. Faster CPU will do a little bit but the biggest performance you'll see is with a G2 card.

Ok thanks
I have been looking towards the gainward pro golden sample which comes with 4.5 ns ram and comes 201/460 which is pretty good for 160+ship.

Another card im looking at is the gainward ultra/500 golden sample which is no where to be found but the United kingdom. There is only a few U.S reviews and a whole bunch of UK reviews

Back