• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking and MSI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Mad Onion

Registered
I have an MSI mobo and a amd xp 2100+. Today i decided to overclock it, i got it to 135 mhz. Then i decided to change the multipler from 13 to 14. I set the fsb back to 133 and then changed it. The computer then rebooted, there is hard drive activity but the screen is blank. I would like to know how to reset my bios. Thanks for your help.

There may be something printed on the board that tells you which jumper clears the CMOS. It varys by board, so that's about all the advice I can give you. If you know the model of the board, you can download a manual from MSI's website.

MSI is has a stupid cmos reset protcal. Dumb as hell. Turn machine off set a jumper.. booot,, set defaults in bios... reboot shut down, move jumper again. reboot and go back into cmos and set it all back up again... Will never own another board again by MSI. Lack luster bios and stupid stuff like that mess to reset a bios.... damn stupid company imo....

I got a MSI KT4V, I just buged the FSB to 150mhz (zalman cooling) bout 50 degrees running FAH 24/7 no lockups

psyshack said:
MSI is has a stupid cmos reset protcal. Dumb as hell. Turn machine off set a jumper.. booot,, set defaults in bios... reboot shut down, move jumper again. reboot and go back into cmos and set it all back up again... Will never own another board again by MSI. Lack luster bios and stupid stuff like that mess to reset a bios.... damn stupid company imo....

But on the other hand the ability to force a boot and bios update by holding Ctrl-home might come in handy (K7T266pro2).

Back