• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Msi releases new Bios for 4070 Ti Super's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Last edited:
This video makes a lot more sense now

"This RTX 4070 Ti SUPER from MSI has Problems... Let's take a closer look"

According to the video I posted earlier... That guy said, with the new firmware update... we're talking like a 5fps or less increase.

According to the video I posted earlier... That guy said, with the new firmware update... we're talking like a 5fps or less increase.
What video? Anyway, that puts it right back on par with the other 4070 Ti Supers. ;)

5/10/20 FPS (5% of 100/200/300) may be what takes you over the hump for 60/120/240 FPS... but yeah, at least it performs like the others/as it should.

Easy fix at least.

What video? Anyway, that puts it right back on par with the other 4070 Ti Supers. ;)

5/10/20 FPS (5% of 100/200/300) may be what takes you over the hump for 60/120/240 FPS... but yeah, at least it performs like the others/as it should.

Easy fix at least.

Same video where you were blathering on about "ray tracing"! :p

The BEGINNING of that video... (you know... just before the part where the 7900XT stomps the 4700 TI Super... without ray tracing) the very first thing he says is that he did the whole video PRE-firmware update... then he tested after he did the video and found there was only like a 5 fps difference after the bios update.

(NO IDEA how MSI could've slipped-up there...)

(you know... just before the part where the 7900XT stomps the 4700 TI Super... without ray tracing)
4% is stomped? BwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaWTFBBQ?! Well, I guess if that small of a difference means getting dunked on, it means stomped too.

then he tested after he did the video and found there was only like a 5 fps difference after the bios update.
For accuracy, at 3:38+ in your vid, he said MSI performance was "...at most 4% slower (one title, one res), but was within 1% on the others". After testing. The up to 5% was what nvidia/msi/other reviewers said.

Stomped... lol, ICANT! Your hyperbole is quite entertaining (some may say misleading/misinformed) You should work in marketing for these companies!

Anyway, **** happens. It's a SMF moment, the performance bork, but, all is well, lol.

4% is stomped? BwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaWTFBBQ?! Well, I guess if that small of a difference means getting dunked on, it means stomped too.

For accuracy, at 3:38+ in your vid, he said MSI performance was "...at most 4% slower (one title, one res), but was within 1% on the others". After testing. The up to 5% was what nvidia/msi/other reviewers said.

Stomped... lol, ICANT! Your hyperbole is quite entertaining (some may say misleading/misinformed) You should work in marketing for these companies!

Anyway, **** happens. It's a SMF moment, the performance bork, but, all is well, lol.

Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 8.53.26 AM.png

98fps... 79fps...

7900XT: 98fps... 4070TI Super: 79fps.

STOMPED in the rest of the universe!

I don't know what it takes to reach "stomped" on your planet. What were you looking for? 98 to TWO fps?

Sorry to disappoint! The 4070ti super did not land TWO fps... No one in their right minds would expect it to.

But it was SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWER than the 7900 XT (with raytracing off of course.)

So I don't think what I said was all that outlandish.

I don't even actually care... I'm not even in the market for a new GPU (just got one) I just thought this guy's take on the card's performance was interesting.

It was also interesting that sometimes the 4070 TI beat the TI Super (maybe "beat" is too strong a word for you... maybe "edged out" would be better for your Mr. Burns-like sensibilities... :D )

Here's the video for people who have absolutely NO IDEA what we're talking about:

People that bought the 4080 must be pretty happy right now, reminds me of the 1080ti and how long the damned thing stayed relevant...

STOMPED in the rest of the universe!
That's one title you cherry picked. The other 10 in your video aren't getting stomped/dunked on. The video said 6% across 10 titles @ 1080/1440p (sorry, thought it was 4%, 11:30 in your vid) and that's with the COD result.

Thanks for finally clarifying what you were specifically talking about. Sorting through your reality and hyperbole for the facts is trying (yes, words matter, dear writer...), lol. It was just odd you said that, and other things, and the video said otherwise. Feeling gas lighted, lol.

It was also interesting that sometimes the 4070 TI beat the TI Super
Your video addressed why they think that was happening... (drivers).

Anyhoo, back to the MSI 4070 TI S and MSI little snafu.... :)

Last edited:
That's one title you cherry picked.

I didn't "cherry pick" anything! The video picked up where I left off. (Obviously I'm not going to sit there for an hour listening to some YouTuber blather on about video cards. :p )

I clicked the link... and that's where it was when the video started up. All I did was take a screenshot.

As for the whole MSI bios snafu...

...it's inexcusable.

Like WHAT OTHER JOB do they have? None. And it's not even that difficult a job. All they have to do is have their cards run at the same rate as the rest of the cards. This will have a, conversely, negative impact on sales (in the short term) because when you're got three of these in a row... it will be in the back of people's minds that: "Wasn't there something wrong with the MSI one?" and they'll reach for the Gigabyte or Asus instead.

When there's really nothing separating one card from another... it doesn't take much of anything to nudge somebody in one direction instead of the other.

People have switched brands for far less reason than "bios makes card slower."

EDIT: There goes old Rainless EXAGGERATING again! Cherry picking that ONE RESULT :rolleyes::

Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 2.15.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 2.09.27 PM.png

11fps... 11fps... 9fps.

How do I live with myself?!

Then there's the 1440p Extreme Resolution results on MW3:

Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 2.20.00 PM.png

Seriously... What IS TeamRainless smoking?

Last edited:
Well, Nvidia seems to have been having issues with drivers since the 4*** came out if the forums are anything to go by, no wonder that something like this would happen. Kinda like the last video that Linus did about the variance in silicone seeming to be a tad wider for the Ryzen 7*** than previous gens or Intel. No idea if he's right or not, but, you know, stuff seems to happen 🤷🏻‍♂️

I didn't "cherry pick" anything! The video picked up where I left off. (Obviously I'm not going to sit there for an hour listening to some YouTuber blather on about video cards. :p )

I clicked the link... and that's where it was when the video started up. All I did was take a screenshot.

As for the whole MSI bios snafu...

...it's inexcusable.

Like WHAT OTHER JOB do they have? None. And it's not even that difficult a job. All they have to do is have their cards run at the same rate as the rest of the cards. This will have a, conversely, negative impact on sales (in the short term) because when you're got three of these in a row... it will be in the back of people's minds that: "Wasn't there something wrong with the MSI one?" and they'll reach for the Gigabyte or Asus instead.

When there's really nothing separating one card from another... it doesn't take much of anything to nudge somebody in one direction instead of the other.

People have switched brands for far less reason than "bios makes card slower."

EDIT: There goes old Rainless EXAGGERATING again! Cherry picking that ONE RESULT :rolleyes::

View attachment 364220

View attachment 364221

11fps... 11fps... 9fps.

How do I live with myself?!

Then there's the 1440p Extreme Resolution results on MW3:

View attachment 364222

Seriously... What IS TeamRainless smoking?
Im not sure this is a fight worth having, I buy the best product for the price regardless of brand (with some exceptions). Other people have been so burned that they wont even consider someone like AMD.

Im not sure this is a fight worth having, I buy the best product for the price regardless of brand (with some exceptions). Other people have been so burned that they wont even consider someone like AMD.

People like ME! :D

I was all AMD everything until the E6400 Core2Duo came out...

They burned me on a couple of CPUs in a row... then I think one last Radeon.

I think the Sparkle 290 GTX in my sig is when I switched. Never went back to Radeon after that.

For the past five or ten years I've KNOWN that AMD's CPUs have been better...

Buuuuuuut... like you said... they just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't know what they'd have to do to get me back at this point.

Last edited:
Honestly despite Intel's short-comings in performance and features the fact remains they produce stable systems. E-Cores have had more growing pains than most of their products but really only in windows.

Same can be said for Nvidia, current generations and value aside they have had similar stability. I think the greed around first Crypto, and now AI has really hurt their gaming products and brand, but they still make good cards.

In AMD's defence the Zen platform is a return to form for their product quality most issues I see are related to motherboard partners not doing a great job at QC the bios/software side of things. On the GPU side the RX 5000, RX 6000 series were fantastic, the RX 7000 is ok, drivers are not an issue but the hardware is under performing even if they are offering a much better value in raster performance vs nvidia. I think its safe to concider AMD again for both CPU/GPU IF the feature set matches your needs, and the value is worth while.

I own two of the cards that were affected... And the one day delay and upgrade bios meant absolutely nothing...It was a 5 minute fix with results on fah not discernible.

I own two of the cards that were affected... And the one day delay and upgrade bios meant absolutely nothing...It was a 5 minute fix with results on fah not discernible.

Of course. But if you're staring at the Asus, the Gigabyte, and the MSI... and they're all around the same price: "That's right... I've got to upgrade the bios on the MSI..."

The non-"OCF dfonda" user might just reach for one of the other two.

Like I said... in a world where all these cards are basically the same... it really doesn't take much.

(I've bought or not bought cards based on how clearly the BOX explained what kind of power supply I should have and how many power cables I needed to plug into it...)

On the bright side though... this will probably already be fixed in the next batch and your average consumer won't even know there was ever a problem. :)

Back