• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modded nForce2 drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
Does anyone out there make modded nForce2 drivers that actually work well? I'm thinking along the lines of the Omega drivers for video cards...I'm just wondering if there's someone who does something similar. I'm hoping for maybe a stability increase, or something to stop the sound skipping every so often. Thanks. :)

yeah, mwarhead is good. And u can look for Morpheus' remixes as well. He's done some very good work. I'm using morpheus' 3.14c release now, it's a mix of the best audio drivers, your choice of ide drivers(the newest, or the original for people having coruption problems with the newer one) and some beta mem controller that adds quite a bit of speed. Look for him as Nemessis @ abits forums, or Morpheus @ nforcersHQ forums. I've used mwarheads mixes as well, and he does some excellent work also, but i HIGHLY recommend having a look at Morpheus' remixes, he's got something for everyone. :D.

J.

Um, linkage for the lazy

abit-usa forums nforce 3.13 remixes thread
http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28817

nforcersHQ remix thread (same mixes)
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35331

our good pal (yours too if u own an nf2 board) had been very awesome about updating the links in his threads, and you will find loads and loads of info about the mixes therein. :D

ENJOY!

Having trouble downloading from one mirror so far...but I'll keep toying around. Thanks for the pointer. :)

I installed the 3.15 drivers, and noticed that my temps were about 5-7C higher. Is this normal?

I did get a 20+ point boost on my performance test, so I know that these drivers are much better. The heat issue is the only one that bothers me though.

Well, I run a performance test program that I got off of passmark.com and before I had these drivers I was getting a 255 almost every time. After I installed them and rebooted, I got a 275. So, they seemed to have given me some performance gain.

ManOfKnight said:
where was the performance coming from? your HD? your memory? I haven't ever used passmark before so I do not understand that kind of benchmark.

lil piece of advice, read the threads i posted links to. There are performance gains over some of the other driver packs, and stability improvements over the 3.13's for some folks. Just give the threads a read u should find any info your looking for there.

J.

Back