• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PNY GF4 Ti4400 OC Programs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok I was going to post this in the Nvidia section but it is more of a General Video card thread. I just got a PNY GF4 Ti4400 card. It is upgrading the MX440 that was in the machine in my sig. My old card was an MSI and the new one is PNY. I cant seem to remove the MSI Software. I want to know from people

What driver is working best. (I just installed the latest Nvidia driver)

What OC appy should I use with this card

How fast should it go with stock cooling

What kind of 3dmark 2001 score should I get, I pulled 11,450
with some minor tweaking.

What kind of FPS should I be seeting in UT2K3 running everything at MAX and 1024x768 res.

I am open to any suggestions regarding temp monitering software and OC utilites that people can recomend.

OK

Temp monitering software: Mother Board Monitor
OverClocking for nVidia Cards: Coolbits

As for how far this card will go i have no idea it's all trial and error also the card is a little dated now but if your lucky you could get it to 4600 speeds.

As for the other questions try it out and see what you get as everyones machine runs differently even if you have the same hardware......trust me!

Capt Fiero said:

What driver is working best. (I just installed the latest Nvidia driver)

What OC appy should I use with this card

How fast should it go with stock cooling

What kind of 3dmark 2001 score should I get, I pulled 11,450
with some minor tweaking.

try 42.01 or 42.51

I use rivatuner

I'd say 300-330 if you are lucky on core and I don't know about memory as I do not what speed you have, if it is 3.6ns then I think about 650Mhz.

You should be aiming for a mximum of 18098 points ;)

Regards

Andy

Ok I did a search on coolbits and rivatuner. They both look like interesting programs. But I think I already have something like coolbits, becuase when I installed MSI stuff, it gave me a tab to set the OC ratio of the card. I will set the speeds to 300/600 which is a bit slower than my old card but should be a fair boost over stock.

18,000 I dont think that is possible but it will be a goal. I think I am going to shoot for 14,000 right now and see if I can get there.

I have been playing UT2K3 with everything cranked to the max last night, running 1024x768 and I was getting averge of 70fps with highs around 90fps and lows of 45fps. The game also seems to play faster.

Does anyone else have any suggestions.

Is there something Wrong w/my video card?!:cry:

okay new drivers now I get 12600

Last edited:
i have the exact same video card. Have you not tried using the Nvidia tool bar? It comes with the Nvidia drivers, and it works great for me.

I use coolbits to overclock mine. I've got it at 300 627 right now and got 1537 on 3dmark. I've been able to get my card up to 350 680, but i couldn't run 3dmark.

Back