• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major Help With Failed Dynamic Volume Pls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

briant6

Registered
Hello everyone,
Here's the story. After having audio problem with soundstorm, I decided to clean install winxp w/ sp1 with APIC disabled in bios (as suggested by many others). After doing so, one of my four hard drives doesn't work anymore.

Disk 0: Dynamic Volume 120 GB Maxtor (online and healthy)
Disk 1: Basic Volume 100 GB WD (online and healthy)
Disk 2: Basic Volume 60 GB WD (online and healthy) <--winxp installed on this disk
Disk 3: Dynamic Volume 160 GB Maxtor (online and failed)

When I tried to import the foreign disk #3 in Windows Disk Management, it gave me this error: "Some of the volumes you are importing have stale data since you have not moved all of your disks to this system. Are you sure you want to continue?" I clicked yes and saw the failed status. I tried to reactivate the drive but no avail. Everything was working fine prior to the reinstallation of winxp. I have no clue what's going on. Can someone please help me. I have a lot if important data on this drive and would go thru any suggestions in getting the drive to work again. Thank you in advance.

Computer specs:
Barton 2500+ @ 3200+
Asus a7n8x deluxe 2.0 bios 1005
2x 512MB Buffallo pc3200

Back